Early Field Review Of AlgoForce E1500

6 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I never rely on the auto track for longer periods of time and do a quick GB fairly often (sometimes every 5min) if the ground is very inhomogeneous. Never had a problem with it.

I had to use the quick GB button a lot more often than every five minutes. 

Because we are off topic.. my biased opinion....The 2300 was my first real PI that found me lots of little gold nuggets.....I found it very stable in all the places I hunted in the Sierras...but I did find it to be sensitive to EMI and was never really able to run it at max sensitivity...It was also my wife's favorite detector to run and I think this was because it was so easy to run..yep the ergonomics kind sucked  but you should have seen the looks on my buddies faces when I pulled the 2300 out of my back pack one year on a deer hunting trip in the trinity alps...I didn't get a deer that year but sure had fun prospecting in some remote places...I've had 2 of them and ended up selling both once the 6000 got all sorted out...I'm not doubting what you are saying @Jeff McClendon just saying you must have some really bad ground up there or maybe there was a problem with your machine or EMI? 

strick

• Like 1

Off Topic alright, you guys must have terrible ground because my original 'defective' 6K eats the SDC and everything else with ease on my ground for scraps, but not the Z for Lunkers..... or Regers if that`s ok with you Reg. Put the axe down Lunk/Reg I`m just being a wee mischievous on this lovely downunder morn.

Back to the E1500, as Nenad has illustrated, Ned Kelly has posted and I concur the E1500 is not a 6K killer but it may compete with your SDCs on your ground, definitely will in ease of use, there is only one way to find out but as Steve has posted they maybe a way off before they go 'upover'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Norvic said:

my original 'defective' 6K eats the SDC

My SDC eats my perfect 6K in two scenarios: (1) ground is laden with basaltic tuff (2) small washes with super hot ground. Proof me wrong and all espressos for life will be on me. Sorry, off topic again but could not help the comment. Will shut up now. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

My SDC eats my perfect 6K in two scenarios: (1) ground is laden with basaltic tuff (2) small washes with super hot ground. Proof me wrong and all espressos for life will be on me. Sorry, off topic again but could not help the comment. Will shut up now. 😀

Your not wrong I`ve had an early morn Expresso hit now and admit I was definitely a wee mischievous early on, Reg`ll kill me.....😉

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I am just going to speak for me and not "all". 

I mentioned the warbling threshold on the SDC 2300. That threshold warbled on every audible setting because the SDC's tracking ground balance system was incapable of keeping up with the high mineralization at the sites I was often detecting.  I only had to drive 300 miles round trip to Colorado and Wyoming sites (with lousy mineralization) instead of 1600 miles round trip to get to areas in Arizona where the actual ground mineralization (not the hot rocks) are significantly milder.

The Goldmonster 1000 also had similar issues with it tracking ground balance system at these sites closer to where I live. So, at least for me, these two tracking ground balance detectors failed to live up to Minelab's claims of one size fits all ground conditions. The SDC2300 was outperformed at these sites by any dual channel ground balance PI that could do a ground grab ground balance. The GM 1000 met the same fate. An XP ORX, Equinox 800 and Goldmaster 24K found lots more gold for me at these sites simply because I could be in control of their ground balancing.

The warbling threshold is weird.  In my area if I have a warbling threshold it would be because of EMI.  I never had that issue with the SDC2300.  I did find a lot of small gold with it, and like I said I was amazed at how immune it was to mineralized ground.  While generally the ground here is pretty mild there are a couple of spots that I have never been able to run a detector in, and the SDC2300 paid no attention to the severe conditions and found gold.

I just wonder if you had a funky SDC2300?

Doc

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

The warbling threshold is weird.  In my area if I have a warbling threshold it would be because of EMI.  I never had that issue with the SDC2300.  I did find a lot of small gold with it, and like I said I was amazed at how immune it was to mineralized ground.  While generally the ground here is pretty mild there are a couple of spots that I have never been able to run a detector in, and the SDC2300 paid no attention to the severe conditions and found gold.

I just wonder if you had a funky SDC2300?

Doc

Some PIs handle 0.1 gram to 1 pound sized magnetite chunks scattered all over and in the ground better than others. The SDC 2300 and even the GPX 6000 go off on them big time. Throw in rocks from the Mantle and alkaline conditions…….maybe you get the picture. Turning down sensitivity enough to semi stabilize them neutered them to the point that a GPX 4000 to 5000 or a good VLF did just as well or better on small gold. 

Running the E1500 at these sites might be fun 

I never had any ground mineralization problems running those PIs in Arizona. 

• Like 2

The NZ dealer has had Sadies sitting in stock forever unable to sell them, the Algoforce comes out, bang they're sold out! 

The detector is sure making a splash.  With any luck I'll be swinging mine this afternoon.  It's now sitting under 1 km from my house, I hope today isn't a day the courier decides she'll not deliver parcels as there isn't enough to bother as this does happen, tomorrow is a public holiday too! 

• Like 7

Crikey PI coils have been selling at discounted prices since The Chip, suddenly they are being auctioned off to the highest bidders, aftermarket coil manufacturers will be banking on Algoforces success whilst ML will be spitting those chips🤪 Have fun Phrunt tis a joy to swing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Doc said:

Can you think of the number of times you have to swing an 8 inch compared to a 14 inch.  Makes my arm sore just thinking about it.

Doc

Come on now Doc.  I've watched you hunt and you're no Spring Chicken.  Besides, how much ground do you need to cover in a day in that wheelchair?

You remember those good old days when you could be on your knees in a 10' area for half day (2 to 3 hrs for us old farts) hunt and be grinning ear to ear as you sniped another dink with a small coil on that VLF.

Pic of my happy customers finds using really small coils.  And they didn't have to walk very far.

Scott1.thumb.jpg.1b1732af8b5e84b9b6660296174d4f22.jpg

Glasses may be needed.

Scott3.jpg.40ad240feb91bc840e0d1d4558e6de82.jpg

Any gold no matter the size...is always good for beginner customers.

WadeGB2NV2014.thumb.jpg.3aeb8d33ea2e024f24d881412f2694d8.jpg

You/I both have many happy customers with their SDC-2300's and small 8" coil.

SDCLunk1.jpg.4bf26bfa6b4f7ce441cc3eded99c53b8.jpg

And you/I both know this.  It's not how much ground you cover in a day, but how good you cover the ground.

Going home with any gold...is always better than going home with excuses and an empty kangaroo scrotum bag.

I think this option of a value priced PI gold detector is going to be a smash...if not, then a splash... and we go back to our overpriced detectors.  At least we are getting options.

Cheers my friend and good to see you on here again.

• Like 8