AlgoForce And Target ID

Force 1500 is surprisingly exactly the ID on the coins ...Simon.:wink:
.And as for the pellets and their *VDI 00, I think it is confirmed that the PI detector really sees the lead alloy weaker than gold nuggets of a similar size, because these have a significantly higher VDI 12 number......

even the VDI for various lead bullets are somewhere where I would expect it...👍

IMG_20231210_133107.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting how much more it likes gold then lead...thanks for posting Simon. This is good stuff.

strick 

• Like 2

Thanks for showing how stable the TIDs are phrunt, I really like your UN edited videos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff Simon. Can I ask if you notice any difference in signal, between the 00 lead and the 00 gold when not in pinpoint?

As you pointed out, some small gold will read the same as lead when pinpointed, would be interesting to see if there were any other indicators to tell the difference. Target Id does seem to work a treat though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Prickly Prospector said:

Great stuff Simon. Can I ask if you notice any difference in signal, between the 00 lead and the 00 gold when not in pinpoint?

No, I don't think someone would be able to distinguish the difference when the gold falls into the same ID range.  One thing is for sure, next time I'm prospecting if I get targets that go above 00, I'll be getting more excited of something other than a pellet. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Simon thanks for all your work. All great info. I have two questions on the Algo. Does the ID change or stay the same if the coins are turned vertical vs flat? While detecting do the soil mineralization numbers jump quickly then return when sweeping the coil over hot rocks?

36 minutes ago, FishBamboo said:

Simon thanks for all your work. All great info. I have two questions on the Algo. Does the ID change or stay the same if the coins are turned vertical vs flat? While detecting do the soil mineralization numbers jump quickly then return when sweeping the coil over hot rocks?

Good questions, I had to check both then to see, a coin on absolute edge dropped from 66 ID down to 15, if it's on a slight slope not on total edge the number is correct, as long as it has some of the coin facing it and not completely on edge, I might get a video tomorrow to explain better.

The Hot rock thing, the mineralisation bars move up and so does the centre number as the hot rock is under the coil, move the coil away and the mineralisation bars revert back to normal, they start to go down again about 2 seconds after the hot rock is removed, and are back to normal within about 5 seconds if that.  Swinging over a hot rock it won't have time for the bars to creep right up, it's going to be a slight rise in the meter, and that means it will recover quicker.  The way I did it here was sitting a hot rock on the coil, removing it and seeing how quickly it recovers, just passing over is quicker as it doesn't get as much of a response from the hot rock as it sitting still on top of it so the recovery of the meters is faster as they don't rise as much. I hope that makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes makes sense Simon. Thanks again for your time.