Algoforce Firmware Update 1.08 Now Available For Download

The Algoforce manual suggests end users contact them with suggestions of improvements they could introduce, so I thought I'd test it out, see the caption below from the manual, 

"Bug Report and Feature Request AlgoForce highly values customer feedback as a crucial means of enhancing our products. To ensure a seamless feedback process, we encourage you to reach out to us directly via email at admin@algoforce.com.au. If you come across any bugs or have ideas for new features that could enhance your metal detecting experience, please send us an email with a detailed description of the issue or requested feature. Kindly include the hardware serial number and firmware version of your detector (located in the Miscellaneous setting) in your email. Our dedicated team of developers will promptly review your feedback and respond to you accordingly. We appreciate your contribution and look forward to working together to improve our products."

I contacted Algoforce with a suggestion of an improvement on the 8th of February, The pinpoint volume I thought was unnecessarily loud, it's nice to have the general audio volume quite high when using the speaker or the Avantree Torus neck speaker which really made the pinpoint mode roar, in fact I have the volume maxed out most of the time, however the pinpoint volume in that instance was extremely loud, so I suggested an independent pinpoint volume control setting to adjust pinpoint's volume and leave the general volume the same.   I am guessing headphone users would have found the pinpoint volume rather loud too.

It is now the 13th of February and to my surprise this morning I woke up to an email from Algoforce with a new firmware update to try out, now incorporating independent volume for the pinpoint function.  You can also now adjust the vibration separately from the audio volume, so you could have high pinpoint vibration with low pinpoint volume, or high pinpoint volume with low or no vibration, and the same goes in normal detector mode, no vibration with high volume, high vibration with low volume etc.   To adjust vibration you just hold down the volume - or + buttons rather than pressing them.

The new firmware release notes: 

Release Notes for AlgoForce E1500 Software v1.0.8:

1. The activation time for a long key press function has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 0.7 seconds. For example, the time duration between pressing and holding the ground balance key and the commencement of actual ground balancing is now 0.7 seconds, as opposed to 1.5 seconds. Other functions requiring a long key press are similarly affected, including vibration adjustment and auto frequency scan.

2. In version 1.0.7, Pinpoint mode and the main detection mode shared the same volume and vibration controls. With the introduction of v1.0.8, Pinpoint mode now features independent volume and vibration controls separate from the main detection mode. Users can customize their preferred volume and vibration settings in either mode. Furthermore, the volume and vibration settings in both modes are saved during power down for convenience.

I'm now testing this firmware out, I must say the upgrade process was simple and quick, I've recorded some video of the volume control function in use to see here, and soon they will have the firmware available for download.  

Very happy with their quick response, especially when at the moment they're super busy.  It doesn't get better than contacting a manufacturer and being able to talk directly to the engineer behind the detector.

So here is a video of the firmware update process, and some basic testing of the new volume control function.  I'm pretty impressed by this, how quick they were to respond and do the modification, and it works just as I hoped it would. 

The screen in the video has the backlight turned off, in the sun, no backlight and the screens still easy enough to see, in fact I didn't even notice it was off, it looks a little darker in the video than in reality, which is why I didn't notice.

Ok, Algoforce owners, jump on it, the new firmware is available.

Downloads – AlgoForce Pty Ltd

It's recommended you do a factory reset after install, and do not worry, your coil profiles remain after a factory reset so you don't need to set up your coils again, a very thoughtful idea and time saver.

A new manual is also available which describes the firmware update process.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0793/5416/7570/files/E1500_user_manual.pdf?v=1707796243

Algoforce are really on the ball.

• The title was changed to Algoforce Firmware Update 1.08 Now Available For Download

0.7 secs vs. 1.5 seconds for a long press function to activate may not sound like a big difference, but when you want to re-ground balance it, it actually feels like a huge difference. Just so much more responsive now! 

Algoforce's approach to & implementation of Customer feedback & suggestions for improvement is exactly what should be the norm. This is an encouraging example of how the Industry has shifted thanks to recent competition. Nokta lead the way, Rutus is following the same path, now Algoforce. This trend will continue with mutual benefit to all.

8 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

0.7 secs vs. 1.5 seconds for a long press function to activate may not sound like a big difference, but when you want to re-ground balance it, it actually feels like a huge difference. Just so much more responsive now! 

I agree, it's very easy to notice the increase in speed.  Was that your suggestion Nenad? 

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I agree, it's very easy to notice the increase in speed.  Was that your suggestion Nenad? 

Yes. But possibly others gave feedback directly to Alex?? I'm not sure. 

Talk about a company on the ball and listening to their customers.  That's incredible how fast this change was made.

If AlgoForce keeps this up and continues to provide high end quality detectors at a value much more desired?  Great things could be available for many more people.  it's a win win.

Now on a side note.  If AlgoForce just makes this one model (E-1500) and still provides the acceptance and updates from end users, as so far shown, it's still a big win for many of us.

As for right now, the folks at AlgoForce are certainly catching the attention of many.

Hi people. What does one do if they live rural, don't own a computer and don't know anyone with one? Could a person take the control box to library or some community place and download any updates easy? I don't own a computer, never have.

53 minutes ago, Taz said:

Hi people. What does one do if they live rural, don't own a computer and don't know anyone with one? Could a person take the control box to library or some community place and download any updates easy? I don't own a computer, never have.

Yes, I would imagine so, you only need to take your control pod, so pop it off and take it along with the supplied USB C to A cable that your battery normally plugs into, you won't need battery as the computer powers it to do the update, plug the USB A end into the library computer, download the flash tool, USB driver and the firmware and it will be pretty easy for you.  You just run the UBS driver, then flash tool, select the firmware file that you download and click the update, my video shows a lot of the process.  It's very easy, as soon as it says it's completed you can disconnect the detector and you're good to go.  

24 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yes, I would imagine so, you only need to take your control pod, so pop it off and take it along with the supplied USB C to A cable that your battery normally plugs into, you won't need battery as the computer powers it to do the update, plug the USB A end into the library computer, download the flash tool and the firmware and it will be pretty easy for you.  You just run the flash tool, select the firmware file that you download and click the update, my video shows a lot of the process.  It's very easy, as soon as it says it's completed you can disconnect the detector and you're good to go.  

Thanks.