XP Deus 2 Warranty

Can anyone confirm whether or not the warranty is transferable, thanks.

4 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

Can anyone confirm whether or not the warranty is transferable, thanks.

Yes. I bought a second hand D2 that needed a pod replacement.
No issues with the original receipt. 

• Like 1

Thank you. I got this information from XP and was a little confused ........

Contact - Service Après-vente

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your inquiry. You do not need a receipt for warranty service. We solely rely on the product's serial number, which you provided (00E934), to validate the warranty.

Cordialement / Best regards 

L'equipe XP / XP Team 

XPLORER 

8 rue du développement - ZI de VIC   

F-31320 Castanet Tolosan – France 

www.xpmetaldetectors.com 

Very good to know

8 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

Thank you. I got this information from XP and was a little confused ........

Contact - Service Après-vente

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your inquiry. You do not need a receipt for warranty service. We solely rely on the product's serial number, which you provided (00E934), to validate the warranty.

Cordialement / Best regards 

L'equipe XP / XP Team 

XPLORER 

8 rue du développement - ZI de VIC   

F-31320 Castanet Tolosan – France 

www.xpmetaldetectors.com 

I guess they’ve changed their policy regarding the receipt but haven’t updated their website yet.

The complete XP DEUS metal detector is covered by a five year parts and labor warranty for detectors purchased on or after January 1, 2013. Units purchased prior to this date are covered by a 2 Year Parts and Labor Warranty. The warranty is for the device based on the serial number. If resold, the warranty follows the device. The warranty is based on the date of the original sale as noted on the receipt from an authorized dealer. A copy of the original sales receipt is required for service under the warranty. Units submitted for service without a sales receipt are considered out of warranty”.

https://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/warranty

Actually to be covered by U.S. law in most jurisdictions you never need to register any product for warranty. In almost all cases proof of original purchase date is all you need, receipt, credit card slip, copy of online billing. Outfits that imply you need to fill out registration information are at root usually looking for marketing information. So frankly no matter what anyone says, in the U.S. at least always keep the purchase receipt for any product you buy where you might want warranty. I ran a warranty department so I am not just giving a general opinion on this, these are facts. And if Nokta tried to deny me six months of warranty because the unit sat on a dealer shelf for six months before sale after date of manufacture, I promise you they would be honoring the warranty based on my purchase date as confirmed by the purchase receipt.

To flip this what Nokta is really trying to say is that they will not deny you warranty just because you do not have a receipt, and most good companies would not either. If the manufacture date is obviously within limits, they would be crazy not to. In fact I have seen numerous instance of companies covering out of warranty product under warranty if the issue is glaringly a defect of manufacture. But again, and I can't overemphasize this enough, always keep a copy of or get a copy of the original proof of purchase.

Finally, in the case of transferable warranty, if you want it, you had better get a copy of the original purchase receipt from the seller whenever possible. If it is a new model only made in the last year they will probably cover it anyway, but good habits are good habits. Again, I ran a warranty department. If you came in with the purchase receipt we were on track in minutes. Lack of that receipt results in delays at best and possible stonewalling at worst.

• Like 3