Two Big Silver Coins Hunt With Manticore

Great finds, and I hope to be able to uncover some coins like that one of these days.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out there.

• Like 2

What a great piece of detective work there!  WTG

I think you've got a love affair going on with that Manticore now.  I'll be really interested in how you do with nuggets this summer when you get a few more hours under your belt.

I know I should have one on my beaches but the 800 gets me pretty deep with the 15 and we've had crappy wave energy for months.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Two Big Silver Coins Hunt With Manticore
11 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

What a great piece of detective work there!  WTG

I think you've got a love affair going on with that Manticore now.  I'll be really interested in how you do with nuggets this summer when you get a few more hours under your belt.

I know I should have one on my beaches but the 800 gets me pretty deep with the 15 and we've had crappy wave energy for months.

We have not had any super cold weather hear since early February. We have had some snow each week but the ground for the most part has stayed thawed out. So, moist to damp soil conditions even deep have made deep target hunting conditions just about perfect. This usually only happens for a little while in early April and then the soil dries out fast and hardens and digging gets really tough. My silver coin and wheat penny count is absolutely off the charts for 2024 using Deus 2 and the Manticore in these ideal soil conditions. Unbelievable.

• Like 5

Very nice finds Jeff, congrats.

I had a very similar experience a few years ago. Got two silver quarters, then some nails, then a '42 Walker, all in the same hole.

The 34 on my Equinox 600 was unmistakeable, so much so I called it before I dug it. Only half I've found so far. Returned to that spot later and dug a silver ring from the same spot with more nails. I think by then I had the Coiltek 10x5.

It's great to go over a place you've been before with a new machine or even different settings, I think I focus more.

• Like 5

Excellent on the Manticore and especially on the operator.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Very nice finds Jeff, congrats.

I had a very similar experience a few years ago. Got two silver quarters, then some nails, then a '42 Walker, all in the same hole.

The 34 on my Equinox 600 was unmistakeable, so much so I called it before I dug it. Only half I've found so far. Returned to that spot later and dug a silver ring from the same spot with more nails. I think by then I had the Coiltek 10x5.

It's great to go over a place you've been before with a new machine or even different settings, I think I focus more.

I have a buddy that is absolutely killing it with his Nox 600 for silver and wheat pennies at this same park that we and our entire club have been hunting for who knows how long. 

I personally don't remember finding anything of interest or removing a lot of surface trash at the exact spot where this spill was recovered, but another hunter may have removed something recently that changed the combination of targets just enough to make this find scenario happen.......or the Manticore with 11" coil really is that good. Had I gone over it with Deus 2 using my 13X11" coil, I think I would have heard these targets. Equinox 900 or Legend with 11"......maybe.

• Like 3

Nice shooting Jeff...love the play by play...old parks over here are few and far between...most have been built over...I can think of one park that I can hunt close by...lots of over burden from eucalyptus trees which would be a minor deterrence..the risk of getting mugged slightly probable...but you have inspired me to give it a try as I have not hunted there in some time...thanks for posting as I pay close attention to your endeavors..

strick

• Like 3

I just try to tell it like I remember. Its a good mental exercise and hopefully it helps others in some way.