Sea Hunter Mk2 To Be Discontinued ?

I recently sold my old Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 pulse to a gentleman in San Diego.......he has many old Garrett detectors and is always getting whatever hard to find spare parts from Garrett USA. Anyhow, he was informed that Garrett are in the final production run of the Sea Hunter MK2 models and that model will soon be discontinued. Sounds like get them while you can......crazy new prices for them here in Australia/NZ. They are 50% more expensive than they were just a few years ago. I wish I had kept mine.......25 years of production I'm guessing.

I can't vouch for the validity of this claim so happy to hear from anyone else who might be in the know.

Tony

My source in the USA has been personally told by Garrett USA that the Sea Hunter MK2  is being discontinued !

New beach / shallow water PI detectors are no longer 😞

Steve might have to update that list of his again.

Sad times.

*** I don't include the Aquascan AQ1B or JW Fisher Pulse 8X as beach or shallow water detectors due to their minimum starting pulse delays of ~40uS ***

• Sad 1

Well yes but I'm thinking that's not what people really buy it for (Wet beach and shallow water). The SDC2300 is in that category as well.

8 hours ago, The Lama said:

atx

Surely the ATX is on borrowed time

Even if I slightly flooded it once, I loved my Tdi Beach Hunter before to keep it far from the water depth.

I'll do a long conservative restoration in the future, maybe adapting the mono 8" Detech and reducing the empty shell to surround coil's spirals with minimal plastic and epoxy.

Around 12 uS was the best I squeezed with that coil...15 or higher with the factory yellow 12".

• 2 weeks later...

I know that the Sea Hunter is liked by some people and disliked by many but they still seem to sell. Given that it is a rather unique product I wonder what the incentive is for Garrett to discontinue? It will leave a hole in their detector lineup in that there will no longer a true underwater detector available from Garrett. Perhaps, given the age of the Sea Hunter, they are running out of some of the components required, such as the PCB. 

Given that scuba diving has also seen a reduction in activity maybe in terms of sales it makes sense to Garrett.