1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Regained confidence through finds.  More to follow.

Right...But I don't know whether to call myself satisfied for reopening the game or screwed by the last investment.

I will tolerate poorly an ineffective expenditure if I have to use a 13-year-old, worn-out tool to get this.

Not sure what you are struggling with but nice work on recovering those rings...

strick

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, strick said:

Not sure what you are struggling with but nice work on recovering those rings...

strick

For the past three weeks or so, I find myself digging with the Deus 2 any ID from 25 to 80 and above.

An incredible amount of lead and coins and really rarely any gold.

Yesterday morning with my very old Ctx, barely a piece of lead and a coin, but 4 pieces in 4 1/2 hours.

Same spot, third session in a row with D2, Excalibur and now Ctx.

I have no comment on this except that I find the loss of time due to the allocation of low conductors everywhere in the ID scale of Deus 2 unacceptable.

I am also strongly displeased with Xp's dry response that it does not intend to vary the distribution of low conductors with an update.

I may sell shortly...

I would also add that Xp talks about signet rings in that higher ID band, but I have encountered this problem twice now with 18K wedding bands of 6.49 and 6.29 grams each.

Thickness can be a terrible issue on this machine. An expensive issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Skull diver said:

For the past three weeks or so, I find myself digging with the Deus 2 any ID from 25 to 80 and above.

An incredible amount of lead and coins and really rarely any gold.

Yesterday morning with my very old Ctx, barely a piece of lead and a coin, but 4 pieces in 4 1/2 hours.

Same spot, third session in a row with D2, Excalibur and now Ctx.

I have no comment on this except that I find the loss of time due to the allocation of low conductors everywhere in the ID scale of Deus 2 unacceptable.

I am also strongly displeased with Xp's dry response that it does not intend to vary the distribution of low conductors with an update.

I may sell shortly...

I would also add that Xp talks about signet rings in that higher ID band, but I have encountered this problem twice now with 18K wedding bands of 6.49 and 6.29 grams each.

Thickness can be a terrible issue on this machine. An expensive issue.

Dump the D2. The wide range of #s is why a few guys( after many attempts) have ditched it here in So.Cal...And we are not underwater hunters like you are. Many factors as you already know  contribute to what gold jewelry will ring up as. Other machines are not immune either such as the Nox. But junk targets (anything not gold) and sucking air/time underwater is of concern. I sure do like my old DF as my sidearm , lol. Btw....nice rings !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Dump the D2. The wide range of #s is why a few guys( after many attempts) have ditched it here in So.Cal...And we are not underwater hunters like you are. Many factors as you already know  contribute to what gold jewelry will ring up as. Other machines are not immune either such as the Nox. But junk targets (anything not gold) and sucking air/time underwater is of concern. I sure do like my old DF as my sidearm , lol. Btw....nice rings !

You totally understood my disagreement.
I mounted the 11" coil on the original rod to use it with the ws6 master, and maybe on wetsand some higher Id to dig into wouldn't kill anyone.
On the other hand, when I am on the bottom and have to fight with current and poor visibility, spending time and air having to doubt every signal over 60 points doesn't help at all.
I hate to compare with a Manticore, I understand that technically we are talking about a different signal processing algorithm, but at equal of 99 IDs I observe on the "Manti" low conductors between 01 and 50 as signals suitable for jewelry.
Instead, I struggle to understand Xp's choice in wanting to leave us users in these conditions of use.I seriously struggle to understand the reasons.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Skull diver said:

I may sell shortly...

I think that beach and beach underwater hunting is probably not XP's priority . They probably have largely enough to do with the inland coin / relic hunting market which is a huge market , certainly much bigger than beach hunting . At least in Europe .

They recently opened a second factory , this because of an increasing demand . I think that this demand mainly comes from inland hunters . At least it is the feedback I have from 2 French dealers who are friends too ..

Perhaps leaving the beach detecting market to other competitors like ML is not a pb for them in terms of sales , and they prefer to concentrate on the inland detecting market 

Just my opinion as usual ..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Just my opinion as usual

I think that is exactly the explanation regarding this "problem."

During the first immersion sessions, I started already a year ago to have doubts about the design.

The rod that did not shorten enough without having to have the remote in the wrong position, the detection of the central aluminum rod as an absurd consequence of an otherwise excellent and deep detection...But this unfortunately was the flaw I could not turn a blind eye to.

It cost me $350 to replace the rod alone with one suitable for diving and I solved the ergonomics but the placement of the IDs is something that belongs to the software.

Now, knowing that there will be no changes, the use of this tool becomes questionable for me.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Skull diver said:

Now, knowing that there will be no changes, the use of this tool becomes questionable for me.

Yes and as your sea detecting conditions can be extreme with the currents , waves , wind etc .. ( windsurfing was my hobby a few years ago  ) , you need something very reliable you are confident with . Do not hesitate to change and try , it often takes time to find the right tool for the right job , even for inland hunting ... 🙂

• Thanks 1

Ahoy Skull !

Very nice ring finds down in Davy Jones' !  Good ta see ya beat the mermaids to 'em ! 

It sucks the D2 is becoming an issue but any tool is what it is,  to you.  May the rats with wings gulls have their way with it ! 

You need to know your tools are performing 100% what you expect when you're under the waves in the briney .Arrrrgh .  When you're on the bottom , it's dive gear like everything else you use.

Sell the stress stick and only look back to the rings you DID find with it. ( they should go nicely towards the $ you lost in the testing.) Plenty here that would love to have it I'd guess.  

YoHo !

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:16 PM, rvpopeye said:

Sell the stress stick

Already done😅...

This time, however, I want to put the cuffs on and stop my hands until the day I am extremely certain that the next instrument has passed every possible test in someone else's hands.
I am studying the user's manual ad nauseam, got to try out the controls thanks to a friend for about 20 minutes, but have not purchased.
Not this time.
A thousand videos won't be enough to convince me.
And if, in the meantime, my Ctx should fall apart in its 12th year, let it be in battle, instead than in fat dust on a shelf 🏴‍☠️

• Like 1