First Time Out With The Axiom Gold Nugget Hunting & It Doesn't Disappoint

10 hours ago, abenson said:

The Roads were good for us but starting Saturday rain is in the forecast for the next 9 days.

That's my fault.  I'm headed out that way after work today for a long weekend.  Stormbringer.  That's me...

- Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UT Dave said:

That's my fault.  I'm headed out that way after work today for a long weekend.  Stormbringer.  That's me...

- Dave

The worse part isn't the rain it's the wind out there.

For sure!  The wind is my ancient enemy.  Wind and mud.  My two least favorite elements.  Gotta go when I can go though.  So I'm going!  Hopefully I find my first speck of gold with the Manticore.  Looking forward to it regardless of weather or finds though!

- Dave

• Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 6:37 PM, abenson said:

The Roads were good for us but starting Saturday rain is in the forecast for the next 9 days.

Currently pouring in Carson City. If you ever get stuck in northern NV post on 775 Off-road or NV4x4 on FB. People go above and beyond to rescue people that are stuck. They are pay it forward groups. No $ for the help. 

• Like 6

We have a couple similar groups in my area of operations.  One is pretty formal, on FB, so I've never been there, but know a lot of the members - Utah Offroad Recovery Team.  The other is totally informal, just a loose collaboration of offroad guys that keep in touch.  Those guys have driven close to 300 miles each way to rescue me.  By bringing a trailer.  Twice...  And one of the times, stopped at my buddies house on the way home and welded in a complete repair so I could drive my Jeep the rest of the way home from there.  The other time, I had to use my ham radio to make a contact that relayed a message and coordinates and the next day the calvary arrived  in the complete middle of absolute nowhere with parts and a trailer, but turned out the parts weren't enough so it was good the trailer was there.

Have dropped everything to reciprocate anytime I've been able.  To include driving all night in a blizzard towing a car hauler.

No such adventure spice this weekend.  No gold either.  And a lot of bad weather.  But had a great time just the same.  Roads went from dusty dry to mud to partially dry then to snow covered while I was out there.

- Dave

• Like 2

Video of the hunt for those that are interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think you have the piece of brass to thank for finding that nugget! 

Congratulations though, a beauty of a nugget and more proof it really pays to dig it all.

• Like 1