First Time Out With The Axiom Gold Nugget Hunting & It Doesn't Disappoint

• The title was changed to First Time Out With The Axiom Gold Nugget Hunting & It Doesn't Disappoint

That's a great monster nugget.  You've got it positioned so it looks like a Scotty Dog sitting down. 🙂

Something I find intriguing with the Axiom is the DD coils, they seem to be favoured on the Axiom where as other detectors you put 'em on if you have to.

• Like 3

Awesome.  Looks like it was a heckuva good time!

- Dave

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

Something I find intriguing with the Axiom is the DD coils, they seem to be favoured on the Axiom where as other detectors you put 'em on if you have to.

I've noticed this - mine came with the 7x11 mono and 11x13 DD as per standard in Australia, but given the number of people with 6000's who put on smaller nugget finder, etc coils - I reckon I'd swap the 11x13 DD for a 7x11 DD in a heartbeat (for my conditions, i.e. not the WA nugget fields.

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

That's a great monster nugget.  You've got it positioned so it looks like a Scotty Dog sitting down. 🙂

We thought it looked like one of Steve's Doodle dogs positioned another way 

In the tests I've done in my soil type the DD is more sensitive to the small nuggets.

• Like 1

Very well done and the Axiom does sound like a tremendous detector,i dont plan on getting one as in theory we dont have gold nuggets as such here in the UK,we of course do have gold coinage and artefacts so would work well detecting for those.

• Like 1

My experience with the Axiom is similar to Andy's. I've been alternating between Sally's 6000 with a 10x5 Goldhawk coil and the Axiom and tend to default to the 6000 when she isn't using it. But the more I use the Axiom, the more I like it. Mostly use the 11" mono, mostly due to the size of the DD it came with, but reading your post, am seriously considering a smaller DD coil. As far as gold finds, I'd say the two are close to equal.

• Like 2

The Roads were good for us but starting Saturday rain is in the forecast for the next 9 days.

• Like 1