Axiom Coil Bolt Update - Now Available Online

I like to be prepared when I go into the field. I always carry extra coil bolts and washers. Does anyone have a link to where these can be purchased?  Trying to look them up all I can find are Garrett AT series bolts and washers. 

• Like 1

I think you're going to have to call Garrett. I don't know of any for sale online. I've heard they're the ridiculous price of $30 for the bolt and washer. 

• Like 1

I just contacted Joel he's going to get a price and availability. I need to get an extra myself.

• Like 1

Coil nut screw PN 9712300

Washers PN 9714300

Can’t find them anywhere online. Not good Garrett, not good, though in their defense it’s up to dealers to order and stock parts. I am the guy who pressured Garrett to sell the plastic vials from their panning kit as a separate item - you want it you have to ask. Presumably with the bolt coming with the detector nobody has been asking, but it’s a given they will be needed eventually.

Two sets of AT bolts with washers can be had for $18.00 or less so an Axiom bolt better not be $30 or I’ll be looking hard for an alternative. I’ll go through my bolt kit today and see if anything else fits.

• Like 3

I called Mary at Garrett this morning. She said they don't list the coil bolt and washers on their site and it's not the same as the AT series bolts. You have to call Garrett directly to get one and it's covered under warranty if you break one. Kind of weird they don't have any listed for sale. Also, kind of weird that every coil they sell doesn't come with one.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, abenson said:

I called Mary at Garrett this morning. She said they don't list the coil bolt and washers on their site and it's not the same as the AT series bolts. You have to call Garrett directly to get one and it's covered under warranty if you break one. Kind of weird they don't have any listed for sale. Also, kind of weird that every coil they sell doesn't come with one.

Yeah, but it is crazy to wait until one breaks or more likely gets lost, then to have to call and try and get one while being without a bolt. Any smart nugget hunter will want to buy a spare in case it gets lost, and there are those of use who like having a spare lower rod mounted on spare coils for quick and easy swapping. No lower rods anywhere that I can see either, though they might be more than people want to spend. Anyway, forwarding all this to Garrett as if they want to sell Axioms to nugget hunters they need to make it easier to buy spare parts. Another one would be the arm cuff.

• Like 3

I'm sure from memory it was @DSMITH that purchased spare coil bolts from Garrett and found out the crazy price of them.

• Like 2

I think you're right Simon. I remember reading somewhere that the coil bolts were expensive.

I've already lost a washer and had to go to Ace Hardware to find a replacement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Coil nut screw PN 9712300

Washers PN 9714300

Can’t find them anywhere online. Not good Garrett, not good, though in their defense it’s up to dealers to order and stock parts. I am the guy who pressured Garrett to sell the plastic vials from their panning kit as a separate item - you want it you have to ask. Presumably with the bolt coming with the detector nobody has been asking, but it’s a given they will be needed eventually.

Two sets of AT bolts with washers can be had for $18.00 or less so an Axiom bolt better not be $30 or I’ll be looking hard for an alternative. I’ll go through my bolt kit today and see if anything else fits.

I hate to break it to you Steve but when I called to ask about the Coil bolt and two Rubber Washers for the Axiom I was quoted $33.99 for those three little parts that came from Rusty, i had just placed an order for the 16x14 Mono Coil so he ended up throwing in a spare set for me at no charge

i about fell out of my seat when he quoted that price to me as I was going to order a few extras one set for each coil, I even made a comment to Rusty and ask him if they were made of Gold

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

for me personally I feel Garret should supply those three little parts with each coil especially when the coils are $400 each and I have purchased two spare coils already, and neither coil came with coil bolts and washers, the one set Rusty through in I have setting in my Safe LOL, well not really I have it attached to one of my extra coils which I carry out with me when I go out to detect so it is in the bag that came with my Axiom and I carry that bag with the Extra Coils inside.

• Like 2