New Algoforce Video

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think whoever built that Detech site has no understanding at all of English and does a lot of copy and paste stuff, with incorrect facts and figures, the actual weight is 780 grams, see Detech Australia which is a much more accurate website about the gear.

I think that Detech 11" would be the sweet spot of a coil on the Algoforce too, and Detech are very good pricing for quality coils.

That sounds more like it. I can’t wait to try it out. I’m thinking it will be a good set up for my area. I might get a larger coil eventually. I hear the detech 15 ultimate spiral is deep and sensitive for a DD. And a lot of guys around here use it for relics. I’m interested to see how deep the 11 ultra sensing will punch down on some larger stuff as well.

More Aussies are starting to do videos, this one with the 12x8" EVO, that coils always intrigued me, never enough to buy one though.

• Like 4

12x8" EVO was like a sadie on steroids on the Q (early on.). I put it second only to the 10" Xcoil for the small stuff and think it would excel on the E1500. Sadie like finds but deeper. 

Only reason I passed mine on was my 10" X.

Now using a Zed I am keen to put my Xcoil to use again on an E1500 for the kids. It's light easy to learn and offers a great chance for beginners to enter the hobby, as well as a lightweight small gold tool for those with a few more hours under the belt.. imo.

I hope Alex is receiving plenty of input from new users, and I'm sure is thinking and testing new ways to resolve any reported issues.(of which I've heard none.)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Prickly Prospector said:

12x8" EVO was like a sadie on steroids on the Q (early on.). I put it second only to the 10" Xcoil for the small stuff and think it would excel on the E1500. Sadie like finds but deeper. 

Only reason I passed mine on was my 10" X.

Thanks, now I know I don't need one, saves some coin.

The E1500 would be great to get kids into prospecting, easy to use that's for sure, and with the weight they'd swing it no problems.

Only problem I've heard of is someone had some shaft twist with a large coil on it, but I get that with my 6000 with a 10x5" coil so that's not a bad problem, Minelab have conditioned us to be used to that 😛

• Like 1

Is it just me........ or........7" on an 1oz is nothing to write home about....and I'm putting that mildly. Even the performance on the "solid half oz" is um.......I'll leave it at that 🤐

I know the E1500 is aimed at "small gold" so maybe that should be the focus of attention ??

Look how bad the ground is that he's in, he must live in a crazy area for ground, as he said its not a gold area but has bad ground so good for testing the detectors, when he moves his pick magnet over the ground, that's hindering the E1500 a fair bit I think, so to me it looks like the 6000 handles the bad ground better.  In milder ground the performance of the two detectors gap closes quite a bit, sure it's still not as good as the 6000 but it's not as far behind as it is in that video.

• Like 2

That was a really good video. Having owned the GPX 6000 (two of them) although I sometimes miss it, I don't miss the erratic threshold one bit. The E1500 was very calm. With a good set of headphones on, I would be able to listen to that all day.

I will take the video maker's word for it that 20 sensitivity on the E1500 was optimum for what he was doing. Personally, I would have turned it up a bit more until it started to get a bit wobbly and then backed off one. I noticed that the external speaker was on the max 9 setting. So, it just did not seem loud enough at all and using headphones or an amplified external speaker might have made some of those responses stand out a bit more.

If I owned an E1500, I would definitely be using it for deeper US coins and jewelry at highly mineralized locations. Those targets would be in the 1 to 25 gram range and should be easy for the E1500 to handle with my Coiltek Elite 14X9" down to roughly a foot deep.

Very impressive. 

• Like 3