Vic Dealer For E1500?

Hope I'm not jumping the gun as I wish Phil all the best.

https://theprospectorsdepot.com.au/

The Prospectors Depot is to become the first/sole Vic dealer and is taking orders.

Great that the E1500 is expanding and branching out.

I believe you hooked up with Phil on your Aus visit Steve so can confirm or deny firsthand should you choose.

As much as online shopping has become a "thing" it's always nice to know there is someone within state you can talk to.  Have put my order in when available.

edit: My bad, I believe Phil has a demo model for those in Vic Aus wishing a hands on look.

1 hour ago, Prickly Prospector said:

edit: My bad, I believe Phil has a demo model for those in Vic Aus wishing a hands on look.

So you are saying he is not a dealer? I know nothing about it either way; not paying much attention to any of this until some word comes down on U.S. availability. In my part of the world it's all moot if we can't buy them.

Isn't he a Garrett exclusive dealer? Either way, there is no point being a dealer when there is no stock available to sell and so easy for people just to go direct to Algoforce and order it, I don't see much point in dealers in Australia unless they're going to offer some training or something to add value to the purchase, otherwise easier to just go direct.

Where dealers are going to be more necessary is overseas, and they'll likely need to have a dealer take on the warranty repairs, pretty simple unit to fix though especially if it's a simple swap out parts scenario.

They are gradually filling orders though; I have a second one sitting at my house at the moment that a friend ordered and had delivered to me for him to collect here when he's in the area soon.

I disagree.. I for one have always preferred walking into a shop or premises and getting my hands on something before laying down cash. And once the initial orders are filled, and stock and parts can be kept on shelves, a dealer in the GT that can be accessed during business hours is more convenient (imo) than relying on Aus post and couriers. As they are using an existing business there is no outlay required that would increase costs or raise the price.

I think it's a good choice, and only mentioned you Steve as you've met him. Yes he is a dealer but as Simon mentioned, until backorders are filled  it means little. What it shows me though is that things are expanding, with orders exceeding product, and no major issues with the product.(parts supply is something else) Be overseas before you know it.

I guess I'm just not used to having a dealer around, my closest is about 7 hours' drive away and I've never stepped foot in the place 🙂

I tend to make my own decisions though, I don't need a sales person helping, nor do I care about seeing something in person before I buy it.

I'd survive if I never walked into a shop again, if I could just buy everything online with fast shipping I'd be set, and the world is increasingly going that way.  I can get most things overnight now, same day would be better, and in some places you can but because I live in a low population area not here yet.

I'd be happier to cut out 3rd parties and buy direct, especially if doing that helped lower prices.

Well, you were right @Prickly Prospector Philip is going to be a dealer and will have some stock soon at https://theprospectorsdepot.com.au/

Good to see a single line dealer expanding to another brand.

philip.jpg.13fcad021d8a7a2b936c86454ce77ddd.jpg

On 4/6/2024 at 5:12 AM, phrunt said:

I guess I'm just not used to having a dealer around, my closest is about 7 hours' drive away and I've never stepped foot in the place 🙂

I tend to make my own decisions though, I don't need a sales person helping, nor do I care about seeing something in person before I buy it.

I'd survive if I never walked into a shop again, if I could just buy everything online with fast shipping I'd be set, and the world is increasingly going that way.  I can get most things overnight now, same day would be better, and in some places you can but because I live in a low population area not here yet.

I'd be happier to cut out 3rd parties and buy direct, especially if doing that helped lower prices.

Call me old school on bigger purchases, I like to make my deals face to face. 

Like NZ though, we import a lot, and as you say online is becoming the norm. When it's made local and you have someone to talk to and answer queries in person though, I think it makes for a warmer transaction and leaves you feeling better about the purchase. (depending on the sales rep of course) Phil being owner operator, loves the hobby, and makes any detecting/sluice related visit his store, leave you feeling you've come out with a bit of extra knowledge and local chatter as well as a great purchase.(imo) Something you just don't get online.