Is Enthusiasm Fading For The E1500?

2 hours ago, Guys gold said:

Interest would go off the charts if they would offer it in the USA .Big possibility here,and thousands of GPX coil hanging in the closet.Get it to the USA and watch it fly.

The problem is stock, even now there has not once been a time I've seen their website say they have any stock.  Sales are just happening to those on a waiting list.  Until they can catch up and have excess stock I can't see them rushing to even worry about other markets.

I don't know how many they can pump out, but clearly, it's not enough to meet demand. 

The good part about it is, it's proven itself to be a success, a good priced reasonably well performing PI machine was obviously something the market needed.  This will give them inspiration to keep going and release future models and that's good news for everyone, the more competitors in the marketplace the better, we've seen it with VLF's, now the PI's are getting a turn with three players now doing well in the market.

Steve put the call out to manufacturers years ago advocating for it, no established players took it up, and now a new comer to the market is reaping the rewards, they even indicated they were wanting to meet his PI challenge.   The USA is a massive market, and a lot of opportunity for them once they can get it across to the US.

My E1500 has been shipped from Australia and will arrive in China soon. Looking forward to good results, Currently I have a saide 8*6 inch coil, and after-sales service said that it is not recommended to configure a coil that is too large. I was torn between choosing: NF12 evo ? NF14*9 ? NF12*8 ? NF 15” coil.

微信图片_20240416224157.jpg

5 hours ago, 中国 张 said:

. I was torn between choosing: NF12 evo ? NF14*9 ? NF12*8 ? NF 15” coil

Since this is not a deep large gold detector IMO.

I would recommend using a smaller 9x14” Evo as a good all rounder coil if I owned just one coil, but if I could have two Evo coils for this detector it would be a 12x8” and a 12” Evo.

Not sure how the ergonomics would be with a larger coil than these on this detector though, maybe someone with experience with using it can chime in.

Can you buy these Algoforce E1500’s and have them shipped outside of Australia or do you have to have a friend or family member buy it and send it to you?

1 hour ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Since this is not a deep large gold detector in IMO I would recommend a 9x14” Evo as a good all rounder coil if I owned just one, but if I could have two Evo coils for this detector it would be a 12x8” and a 12” Evo.

Can you buy these Algoforce E1500’s and have them shipped outside of Australia or do you have to have a friend or family member buy it and send it to you?

It's fun how quickly things get pigeonholed. The E1500 does not hit large deep gold as deep as a machine costing two or three times as much, that's all. That is not to say it can't hit large deep gold and will most assuredly do just that better than anything made that costs less. So if a person who only has a VLF gets a E1500 as their first nugget hunting PI, and has a realistic good shot at large nugget ground, of course get a larger coil. Honestly, it's less about the detector than the potential of the ground a person has available. That said, there being more small gold in the world smaller coils are going to be the better bet, ergonomically better, and still have a decent chance of getting that big nugget - if you can just get the coil over one. I agree the 9x14 Evo is an excellent choice for an all round option. That plus a Sadie is about all most people would need.

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:
4 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

It's fun how quickly things get pigeonholed.

My apologies for stereotyping it into only a small gold detector as that’s more dependent on the ground conditions and timings used.

The owner manual says the following:

NOTE: The strength of the E1500 lies in its sensitivity to small nuggets. Therefore, we have only tested the E1500 with small to medium coils. The largest coil we tested is the NF 14”x9” Evo. Although, in theory, larger coils will work with the E1500 without any problem, the shaft could rotate slightly and become wobbly when extra-large and heavy coils are used.

Everything is relative. Guys like Rick with a GPZ 7000 are disappointed by what they see, as if it was ever billed as a GPZ replacement. But compare to any VLF in tough ground and it’s a fine option. Certainly better than machines like the Infinium, TDI and QED.

I think they were worried with people throwing some older big coils on it like a 22" that are heavy the cam locks may cause the dreaded GPX 6000 shaft twist on it, it's such a light weight machine.   With the detector performing well on small gold and it being the most common gold out there it makes more sense to target that with it, as that's where its strength lies, being better than the older GPX series on smaller gold, but it won't keep up with the more expensive detectors on many deeper targets.

As there are hundreds of coils for the GPX series there is no way they could test them all, and if coils are made to standard specifications, then they will work on it, that's why they said in theory.  Not every coil does work, I have coils that it can't calibrate, such as my 15" Concentric coil prototype, on the GPX it runs in DD as a Concentric and in Mono as a Mono, but it's not a mono coil so the detector isn't designed to use it, it does work, but it won't calibrate due to the way the coil is configured.  It's also unusual that in Mono mode on the GPX 5000 discrimination still works, I never knew that was possible.  I think the chances of people having coils that won't work are pretty slim though, as long as they're mono.

I also have a 12x6" Semi spiral, this coil is too out of spec to calibrate, works great on the GPX but the Algo won't calibrate with it in its current form,  Algoforce have looked at the coil and established why it won't calibrate and what would need changed with the design for it to do so.  I shouldn't say it doesn't work, it works, it just doesn't calibrate.

X-coils can modify the coil to work and be in specifications, but seeing they don't make or sell the coil anymore and haven't for a few years it's not likely to happen unless they want to release it again.  So as people start to try the hundreds of coils that have been made over the years, they may find some that don't work, regardless of size, it's not the size that causes the incompatibility so perhaps they could have worded that statement slightly differently as it does sound like bigger coils may not work as they're bigger, and that's not the case.

You can generally use coils that won't calibrate, you're just not getting the best out of them, especially in fine gold mode.

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:
47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I also have a 12x6" Semi spiral, this coil is too out of spec to calibrate, works great on the GPX but the Algo won't calibrate with it in its current form,  Algoforce have looked at the coil and established why it won't calibrate and what would need changed with the design for it to do so.  I shouldn't say it doesn't work, it works, it just doesn't calibrate.

If this 12x6” Semi spiral coil has more performance than the Sadie or 12x8” Evo it would be a hit for sure.

Sadie yes, 12x8" EVO, not sure, never used one.  I only used the 12x6" when I needed the skinnier size, as the 10" round full spiral is more sensitive.  I don't think they'll re-release this coil if they do GPX coils again, the 10" is better and already calibrates fine.    I have a new model 10x6" in NZ customs at the moment, hopefully they release it today and I'll have it in a day or two.  Maybe Mitchel will want to try it out while he's here in NZ.   It would be so cool if we can help him find some NZ gold to take home.

I think for the Algo someone needs a small coil like the Sadie or Coiltek 10x5", or any of the smaller coils, and the 14x9" EVO or 14x9" Elite and they're set, some may want a bit more depth and go a 12" spiral like the EVO or Elite.  I have the 12" X-coil and think it's pretty good on it and a lot are reporting the 12" NF EVO working well.  I wouldn't bother with bigger than 12" round.

10 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

在我看来,这不是一个深度大型黄金探测器。

如果我只拥有一个线圈,我建议使用较小的 9x14” Evo 作为良好的全能线圈,但如果我可以为该探测器配备两个 Evo 线圈,那么它将是一个 12x8” 和一个 12” Evo。

不过,不确定使用比该探测器上的线圈更大的线圈时的人体工程学效果如何,也许有使用它的经验的人可以插话。

您可以购买这些 Algoforce E1500 并将其运送到澳大利亚境外,还是必须让朋友或家人购买并将其发送给您?

My NF 14*9 coil has been purchased, (although it is second-hand)