Website Back In Time ×

I'm looking at buying a custom dredge, it has a honda 9hp with a Keene 3x4 450gpm pump coupled to a tri haul jet. My question is that it seems under powered? but I have never seen or heard of a tri haul jet. The claims are that it is equivalent to a typical 6 dredge with 16hp and a normal jet set up. Please help .

14927375998251771420089.jpg

Dahlke makes the Tri-Jet log. I don't have any experience with them but The claims is they are more efficient than a standard side induction jet.

Last weekend I fired up my new Keene six inch dredge for the first time, it has two Keene P180 pumps rated at 250 GPM and Honda GX200 engines rated at 6 HP.

I ended up running at 3/4 throttle and had plenty of suction and the box cleaned out fast.

I would imagine with the more efficient tri-jet you will be just fine. Might need to run it at full throttle but that Honda will handle it.

Good Luck............IMG_1637.thumb.JPG.698c21626222d63b5bb6c9ffc84c2174.JPG

• Like 2

Yes it has the triple sluice. Looks to be the same as yours with a different motor - jet setup. 

I like the way the single is set up. May be harder to pack in but it looks really clean without all the extra hoes and what not.

I would be curious how that set up does in rough water. I would think with the motor up high it would be less stable???

I knew a couple before that had a Dalke Dredge with the two get.  It was a 5" with if I remember a 8hp.  They said it had a lot of suction and I know they didn't run it that hard at all.

I have a 6" like sjmpainter with plent of power.  I had guys tell me before that a 6" needed 9hp motors but currently I don't see the benefits with cost and weight.

They would be nice in deeper water with a longer hose.