Raining Detectors - How Many is Too Many?

People think I'm crazy when they learn that I have TWO metal detectors. If I got another, I would probably keep it a secret.

I've been detecting for about four months and have the following:

AT Pro - the clad coin / pull tab detector

SDC 2300 - the bullet / beer can detector

Although I haven't found anything more valuable than loose change, I'm happy with both and don't feel the need to upgrade anything at the moment.

Things just took a turn for the worse. Steve, Ray Mills and Keith Southern have all suddenly "Turned Turk" (look it up) and have me wanting a Fors detector, then a neighbor put up a Whites Eagle Spectrum - pretty much new - for sale for lunch money.

IMPORTANT EDIT.

OOPS - i just looked up "turned Turk" - all i meant was they had suddenly changed sides - sort of - detector wise. Any implication that they had suddenly become agents of radical Islam was not intended - Some of my best friends in the old days in Saudi Arabia were Turkish - we always enjoyed eating at a wonderful restaurant that had a huge sigN "Turkey Restaurant". Funny thing though, they never served turkey - oh well.

Now I'm out all day doing theThunderdome bit with the F-75 and the Deus and breaking it up with strange experiments with a 20 something year old detector and weird coils like a Bigfoot and a 25" Magnum Force Coil (don't ask - just go to google images) - it's the weirdest coil of all time!

My wife and my doctor agree that my condition is chronic and incurable.

My wife read this and said that I should add that even the cat is beginning to have doubts about me.

• 3 weeks later...