Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

4x4 Vans For Prospecting

tvanwho

Heres my $1,500 beater, i take it just about anywhere i need to go. My dad did this conversion from 5th wheel to bumper pull, just unbolted the 5th pin and made the hitch from a log trailer reach and bolted it back in place of the pin ,so it can be used either or. I made the frame under trailer for storage i have hauled 4 wheelers,motorcycles, drywashers etc. Pulls great its only 20 foot so it doesn't weigh much.

It still isnt overweight at bumper,axle raised a few in. For clearance,going to add an extra water tank also.

I keep telling my wife on our vacation camp outs we can use this trailer instead of our big trailer but she said shes to embarrassed to ride with me.

post-38-694114_thumb.jpg

No pic's of the interior...as you enter the door the 3-burner stove and sink is on the left, on the same side is a single width bed/couch. As you enter the door the very small toilet/shower closet is on the right then a shelf/cabinet and another single width bed/couch. In the rear between the beds is a small shelf/cabinet storage area. I am 6 ' in my prospecting boots and can stand without stooping.

Of course there is storage under the beds and some overhead.

I bought it used and it is the only one I have ever seen on the west coast...Plenty of room for me; and if my wife goes the thing makes into a queen bed...

I expect to get 7 or 8 thousand for it when I sell-if I ever do....

fred

• Like 1

Here’s our rig, we find a spot to park our diesel truck and 24ft travel trailer for our base camp. Then we use the RZR to get around with our metal detectors, mining gear and whatever. Nice to have a UTV close by when hunting, especially when the weather turns bad. Plus getting from base camp to a prospecting area is a lot faster in a UTV than a full size 4x4 pickup and a lot less wear and tear. The RZR fits in the pickup bed when we are towing the travel trailer so we don’t have a large train traveling down the highway. It makes roughing it a little more bearable, especially for my wife.post-511-0-29148000-1422756047_thumb.jpgpost-511-0-54342900-1422756082_thumb.jpgpost-511-0-36914400-1422756098_thumb.jpg