Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

It's All I Need

3 hours ago, Andy2640 said:

Yes indeed, the ring-pulls have exactly that! an "elongated" tone.  Cheers - Now i know i'm not imagining it.

Yes,  I have noticed that lighter trash type metals like aluminum or non-coin objects have a longer tone and/or a distorted tone (if bent or asymmetric) and also have softer rising and falling tone "edges".  They have less "ping" than coin targets.  This helped me to differentiate between molten aluminum slag (which I still dug some "examples" until I got the tone down) from a tractor fire and the CW cartridge box breast plate I dug in the same field, pictured below.

20180415_093500 (2).jpg

• Like 2

Now that I've had enough hours use with my 800 I can relate to and agree with your comments, Mark. 

Now I know when I take it to a site I've not been to lately due to sparseness of targets, that I can count on making new (and surprising) finds

What I can add to this is rings. A ring will disguise itself as a gold tab. You won't find many but I dug what I was certain to be a gold tab this morning and it was a gold band..  Other than that I haven't dug a tab in weeks. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

That's a nice CW relic, never dug one before.

:smile:

• Thanks 1

With the Equinox I can usually name the target before I dig. Even watching YouTube videos if they’re using the nox I can (most of the time) ID it prior to them getting it out of the hole.

The Equinox is the best detector I’ve ever used that can accomplish this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

With the Equinox I can usually name the target before I dig. Even watching YouTube videos if they’re using the nox I can (most of the time) ID it prior to them getting it out of the hole.

The Equinox is the best detector I’ve ever used that can accomplish this.

Yes, I can say the same.

• Like 1

Mark, and all of youQ. This is the type of thing that I had mentioned in one of my posts @  someone making a viideo  with audio recorded (maybe in headset cup) about the tonal qualities that you hear when detectoring.  “Like what an elongated tone is , what are falling tone edges?  Perhaps there are media that goes into this, and I for one would be interested We all use different tones of art so to speak..  Another chirp from the prop!!!  Your thoughts?

22 hours ago, Propjob said:

Mark, and all of youQ. This is the type of thing that I had mentioned in one of my posts @  someone making a viideo  with audio recorded (maybe in headset cup) about the tonal qualities that you hear when detectoring.  “Like what an elongated tone is , what are falling tone edges?  Perhaps there are media that goes into this, and I for one would be interested We all use different tones of art so to speak..  Another chirp from the prop!!!  Your thoughts?

A lot of these audio signatures will come with added time on the Equinox.  When I first got my EQ I don't remember hearing some of these subtle nuance's in the audio report.  The best thing to do is practice and hunt.  On off days when I don't have time to hunt I hit my test garden and listen to each target. 

That might be a good suggestion for you.  Bury a few coins at various depths and orientations.  Bury a pop pull tab at 3" and maybe a beer pull tab at a different depth laying horizontal.  Now bury a beaver tab at 3" and practice listening to each.   In a short period time you'll start hearing some of these differences.

• Like 2