Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

Great to meet you today Mop.  It is always dicey meeting ‘some rando’ off a forum but so far the people I have met have been helpful, cheerful and friendly. And you were no exception ?

Muchly appreciate you taking us to your spot. Respectfully we left all the gold there for you  ?

We are heading out west of the airport in the morning tomorrow if you wanted to join us again. 

Sunday is gold day!!!! 

• Like 1

Ahh damn, I was sure you would get onto some. Good luck tomorrow, unfortunately I have commitments so all the nuggets are yours.

Hope the Blues get over the line, Port were crap today.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mn90403 said:

The three of us tried but no joy today.  I thought I had one and you thought I had one but after giving it a scrape and getting into the quartz it was out.   #%&@^ bb again

Darn ... the gold gods are evil tossing out bbs.  And I thought those little bugger with digging legs were only common here in the states.  I am always amazed at their ability to get down in the tiniest of cracks.

Still, it sounds like one hell of an adventure Mitchel!  Meeting new friends is the best.

• Like 1

It is definitely an adventure that is coming to an end.  I've got 2 or 3 more days of prospecting depending on how I spend my time.

We are going to hunt a Bendigo spot tomorrow.  Today's 2 spots produce one nugget for Elusive and his 2300.  Adam and I are behind in the nugget count.

Tomorrow is a new day.

• Oh my! 1

Fred,

I'm following the game plan.  We are going to be out there early and avoid a few showers.  Adam and Elusive want gold too.  They have spots they've thought about for weeks that we are going to detect today.  I'm Adam's wingman.  I can't be with better blokes now!

I went through the day of 'panic' on Friday to make sure I had done all of my shopping.  I think I have enough of that stuff done so I don't have to stop detecting.  It is just logistics now of being at our meeting spot in a couple of hours.

I know it's not over until it's over.  Thanks for keeping me focused.

Mitchel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, Elusive got us again.  He showed us that there is gold there with a 2300 finding one little specie and one tiny grain.  

Good work I'd say.  Adam and I were rewarded with a nice long day of detecting!

More tomorrow and the next day and then homeward bound.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Well, Elusive got us again.  He showed us that there is gold there with a 2300 finding one little specie and one tiny grain.  

Good work I'd say.  Adam and I were rewarded with a nice long day of detecting!

More tomorrow and the next day and then homeward bound.

Hi Just my 2 cents I never used a 2300 before my trip yes I used 5904765430280865085 metal detectors and I do have 1 PI a Goldscan 5c modded for beaches (originally bought for OZ) after 10 minutes in the gold fields I managed to find targets I had 10 non ferrous on the 1st day (more like afternoon)  of course I was surprised of how easy it was to use , but the coil position the lousy arm cup and the headphones were,  annoying and after 11min of use I was already thinking of how to improve it .

This machine is I think the best starter PI .Will I buy one if I was to detect more in OZ YES

RR

• Like 2