Headed For The Land Down Under

mn90403

I wish you lots of luck and good times on your upcoming adventure Mitchel. For what it is worth I have never regretted keeping a daily journal and taking a ton of photos on trips like this. It’s easy to get “too busy” but memories fade and for me recording things has been a real blessing. Be safe and have fun!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Northeast said:

Already!?  You are keen. 

Being May it might be a bit nipply to have too many beach goers.

Have you ever driven on the Left hand side of the road before Mitchell?  If not, maybe don't head directly through the second most populated city in the country  ?   Sorry Phrunt  ?

That's a good idea.  Are you planning on Hotel/Motel/Caravan Park for the entire trip or doing some bush camping?

What machines are you bringing? 

15 minutes from me!

Northeast,

Thanks for the check list.

A winter beach can be ok if there are a few 'waves' bringing objects in!  We have that condition here often.

I've driven in Bangkok in 2011 and 2012 so I hope it comes back to me.

I've only checked on 'pricing' for hotel/motel so far and it seems to be around $75 per night.

My main machines are the 7000 and the EQ 800 (all the coils if needed).  I could bring a 2300.  I can bring JP's booster also.  I think I'll get a pick when I'm there.

Keep the questions coming.  I'm sure someone else will learn from them as I do.

Mitchel

3 hours ago, Chris Ben said:

Best of luck, keep us posted on your adventure!

Chris 

This is somewhat of an open book here for everyone to see much as Paul did his trip.  I learned from the posts on his thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I wish you lots of luck and good times on your upcoming adventure Mitchel. For what it is worth I have never regretted keeping a daily journal and taking a ton of photos on trips like this. It’s easy to get “too busy” but memories fade and for me recording things has been a real blessing. Be safe and have fun!

Well said.  Thanks for the advice.

That brings up the phone I think.  It will have a lot of my pictures.  I have a couple of other 'better' cameras.

Just buy a chip when I get there and stick it in my unlocked phone?

Mitchel

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

On ya, WTG.

One possible disappointment I already have is that I can't spend more time there.  The first place I would add would be up your way Norvic.

Any chance you would make it down to your old haunts in May?

Mitchel