Minelab Pro-find 15 Versus 35

On 5/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, kac said:

Did you get your Profind 35 in yet?

I have one and if I turn it on facing upwards it will sound off when turned face down. If I turn it on facing down I can use it but if I lay it sideways it sounds off. Not sure what is up with the self calibration.

If yours behaves the same way then I won't submit for an RMA on it.

The only "odd" things I've noticed about my Pro-Find 35 are that:

1. If it gets too close to the Garrett Carrot while the Carrot is on, the Pro-Find will go off and will need to be reset (turned off then back on).

2. At maximum sensitivity, it i swing the Pro-Find 35 rather quickly, it will go off. But if I move it "normally," it works just fine. Lowering the sensitivity to the middle level or less will remove this "issue."

Sorry for the late reply. Hope this helps!

I did send it back and they replaced it. Works better now and doesn't randomly go off like it did before unless im near some bad emi (transformers etc). I noticed that when I put it on I hold it close to the ground initially like the instructions but hold it there for double the time they say and it is more stable if im in bad areas.

I wish the first one didn't die as that worked awesome, way better than the 3rd one I have but at least it does the job.

Glad I got someone else for the RMA on this one, they where nicer and service was much much better.

I do like to run it as high as possible in most cases because I usually cut plugs and like to know if the object is in the plug or not before I start making gofer holes.

It also looks like the Pro-Find 15 might be discontinued? I noticed it's selling for less than $80 at some online retailers or is out of stock. And now, there's the Pro-Find 20, which is basically the 15 with extra notification features (sound that can be turned on and off, plus vibrate - if I recall correctly).