Fors Gold Tests?

Wow that makes all the sense I guess... Thnx again for the advice...this machine is doing great for me...best decision I ever made....ready to go other places with it.... Ready for the patch ...only cause everyone talks so much about it... Lol lol

Wow that makes all the sense I guess... Thnx again for the advice...this machine is doing great for me...best decision I ever made....ready to go other places with it.... Ready for the patch ...only cause everyone talks so much about it... Lol lol

I have found if you have the Gain up to High In Hot Ground that will make your DISC tell you targets are Good when they are in fact junk,

Some times I lower the Gain to check Targets when the signal start to fluctuate and I can't work out what it Is.

John

• Like 1

I have found if you have the Gain up to High In Hot Ground that will make your DISC tell you targets are Good when they are in fact junk,

Some times I lower the Gain to check Targets when the signal start to fluctuate and I can't work out what it Is.

John

Excellent point John!

• Like 1

Nugget65, When you have your Machine Set up as you Normally Hunt, IE:- running the Gain at 10- +1, Then Just Try Lowering the Gain to 9.5 ish and see if that Helps or Running at 10 Try It just above 9, Don't be Afraid to turn it Down  and learn to Trust the Machine, You will Be Surprised How Little Depth you will Loose IF ANY, But What This Will Do Is Allow Fainter Signals To Come Through, Because .Your Machine is Telling you that Junk Targets Are Good, It can Also do the opposite and On Small Iron Stained Nuggets it Can Tell You They Are Bad,

The MXT Is A Prime Example of that, YES It will work Running it Flat Out But you can Only Get away with doing that On Really Clean Ground, 

Hope This Helps,,, John.

Excellent point John!

Thanks Steve,  People Often Follow the Manuals Instruction, But they Only really Apply Under Average Conditions, In Hot Ground or Iron Infested / Roman Sites, High Gain Does and will work Against you,

A Friend of Mine and I were Both Running MXT's with the 12" Coils, I was running the Gain at 10+, He was Running the Gain at 6.5 - 7.0 and yet he pulled an English Half Penny At 13 / 13.5 Inches ( MEASURED ) But where He got a Nice Clear Normal But Soft ish Signal, My Signal was Booming and erratic with Iron signals Thrown in, And Yes I could hear it Because I knew it was there, But at normal Sweep Speeds I would have never of Heard it.. So I guess the perfect setting was somewhere in between Both of Our settings

So that taught me that just because my machine was not Falsing  or Chirping when it was Set At 10+ does not make it right for The Ground Conditions, and when A Person sets up the machine to the Point of Falsing and then Backs it Off they are only setting it up for EMI Stability and Not The Ground Conditions As In Mineralisation or Iron Infestation., That Power / Gain Knob Is A Harsh Mistress and she Wont be Abused, Turning it Up is Like a 70s Radio,,, When it Gets to about 3/4s on the Volume after that it Just Distorts,

Hope this Helps,,  John

I have a different # setting ... I run my Nokta in boost mode with the sensitivity at around 80-85 and my discrimination at 5-8... Lowering my sensitivity a little at a time to take away some but not all of the ground noise... With the smallest coil on this machine I have dug atleast close to a ft for a square nail and over 6 inches for a piece of foil the size of a half dollar.. I thought I hit the big one that day...lol lol I've tried the general mose which is all metal mode on this machine and way too much work steadily every 2 ft resetting it.. I found that boost mode gets me greater depth and hits a target dead on... I'm still learning though and having fun doing it...

I have a different # setting ... I run my Nokta in boost mode with the sensitivity at around 80-85 and my discrimination at 5-8... Lowering my sensitivity a little at a time to take away some but not all of the ground noise... With the smallest coil on this machine I have dug atleast close to a ft for a square nail and over 6 inches for a piece of foil the size of a half dollar.. I thought I hit the big one that day...lol lol I've tried the general mose which is all metal mode on this machine and way too much work steadily every 2 ft resetting it.. I found that boost mode gets me greater depth and hits a target dead on... I'm still learning though and having fun doing it...

Foil is always going to be A Killer, So I am wondering how it would ID Targets if you run it with less or no Boost and turned up the Gain, As Steve pointed out these Modern Machines Do Run Right On The Edge, But Sometimes that Can and will work against you,

john

• Like 1

Well it has 3 modes ..boost ...dis3..general which is all metal and when I say all metal I mean every piece of black sand to slivers of foil...that setting is so hard to work... Boost mode is the best and I find more gold with it...so it works for me... No when I eventually make it to the coast in sure the other modes will come into play on the beach...

• Like 1