Sign in to follow this  
nemanjask

Greetings From Serbia

Hi everyone, my name is Nemanja, I live in Serbia. I've been doing metal detecting for about half a year, I have a Garrett ace 400i, mostly searching on Roman Empire grounds and medieval grounds. This part of Europe is a very rich ancient and medieval terrain. So far I have been finding Roman coins, medieval coins and similar finds from that period. I hope to have a good time and share experiences. So much for now and I apologize for bad English ...

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum Nemanja, Sounds like you have a great place to hunt.  The Ace is a good coin finder that's for sure.  I put a Nel Tornado on my Ace and what a difference it made over the standard Coil.  Far more depth on coins.

I would love to see some photos of your finds.  There is a coin thread on this forum for coin finds so you could post some pictures and stories of your adventures in that section.

The terrains in Serbia are really top notch, from the Neolithic period, through Illyrian coins, Celtic coins and jewelry, Rome has ruled these territories for almost 400 years, 17 Roman emperors were born on the territory of present-day Serbia and several more in the region! later in the Middle Ages from the Ottoman Empire, Austro-Hungarian to this day. A seeker paradise!

• Like 3

Welcome.

Welcome to the forum, amazing history where you are. And your English is 1000% better than my Serb! :smile:

• Like 1

Dont worry about your english, show us your stuff when you can, and good luck to you..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Bashin
      Greetings everyone!
      Newly minted detectorist here.  I live in Moscow, ID, but spend a great deal of time in the Helena, MT area.  I started prospecting for gold a little over a year ago, and decided I would add a metal detector to my toolset, not only for gold, but also for relics and coins.  I’m currently hunkered down in Helena, socially distancing, watching a lot of YouTube, and Netflix.
      I’m also learning to use the new Equinox 800 I received a mere four days ago!  This forum/website is mostly responsible for my Equinox purchase. I wanted a machine I could use for gold AND relic and coin hunting, and the info I was able to glean from all the posts and articles here helped me to make an informed decision.  Thanks for that! The learning curve of the machine and the hobby is a bit steep, but very manageable, and again the forums and website make it all a damn sight easier!
      I’m currently staying with a friend in an 1890’s house, and have been detecting her yard the last couple of days. And I’ve found my first two non-trash pieces.  A small enameled piece of jewelry, and an old chinese coin! I’m very excited to explore more of the yard when the recent snow disappears, and it warms up again!

I’m sure I’ll have some questions along the way, but so far I’ve been able to get a lot of answers just exploring the site.  If anybody is in the Helena, MT, or Moscow, ID area, and wants to share some knowledge and detecting time, I’d totally be up for it!  
      Best luck to everyone, and stay safe out there!
      Mark

• By mrtune
      I have not been detecting in years but want to get back into it. In late 1980's I purchased a Garrett Groundhog and had lots of success with it. I am thinking that detector is out of date now and have been looking at others in the mid price range. I have kind of decided it will not be a Garrett this time and was looking at the Nokta Makro Anfibio multi but have kind of decided on the Minelab Equinox 800. I do like the sound of the Equinox way better than the other 2.  Looking for info from people on here, would this be a good choice? Anyone have any different suggestions? I have done all my research online as here in Rural South Dakota there is no dealers or shops. Thanks!!
    • By Phillips_R
      Hi Everyone.   I have been lurking on the site since January and am very impressed with the comradery here.    I think I am home.
      Steve,  you have done an excellent job gathering manufacture's data and reviewing these detectors.  I was glued to the screen for many a night perusing it. ( Still am)
      Things have sure changed a lot in the past 30 years.  Well,  I have received my Nox 800 today and I wanted to thank you folks for helping me decide which one to buy. 
      This evening after rushing home, I immediately realized there is a lot of junk in the back fill around my house. I can't wait to get out in the country this week and hunt some fields.
      Just saying Hey,  and I hope you'll bear with me through my learning phase.

Regards,
      Rob

• By nucopia
      Gday fellow prospectors
      Looking at visiting the US this coming June for an extended stay.
      The wife and I are visiting friends in the States  and will  have access to transport to travel and look around.
      We both  enjoy panning, sluicing high banking and metal detecting. We have a Mine Lab  GPX 4500 and a coin/park detector.
      We hope to be able to get out  and about to do some prospecting while we are there and it would be great to meet some local prospectors as well.

• By cowtownkid
      Yes, what away for an introduction...Jetco Mustang, Jeeze.
      I started metal detecting in 1971 when my dad finally gave in and bought me a Jetco Treasure Hawk for my 11th Birthday. I actually wore small holes in the bottom of the coil.
      I was hooked. Traded to a Garrett TR in 1973-74 & kept upgrading. I actually made a career using metal detectors, partially anyway, working for the City of Fort Worth Water Dept. for 31yrs. 17yrs. as a Supervisor. I first learned how to use the Gemini II back in early 80's. Tracing lines inductively/conductively & also using as a two box unit locating MH's & water valves etc.
      I actually located an old 24" cast iron main laid in the 1920's near downtown with a backhoe standing by...The main was a bit over 14' deep. It took a while, but I had it dead on.
      Anyhoo...enough of that, I was given an old Jetco Mustang in 1991 & it has been hanging in my garage ever since, never paid much attention to it until recently. I put a new 9V battery in & it actually works! However the tuner needs a good cleaning. I completely broke down the old unit except for the circuit board. The single knob on the Mustang secures board to upper housing & I got the nut loose with no issues, however, I cannot get the black plastic knob off the plastic spline? No set screw is visible & I have cleaned & lubed the spline area. I am wondering if there is a set screw under the top decal of the knob? I just don't won't to damage or mar this old vintage unit.
      Any help would surely be appreciated.
      I have read Steve's articles & reviews over the years & they are absolutely informative & helpful.
      Thanks to all!
      cowtownkid  
    • By oro
      I'm new to the site, I have some friends who have metal detectors and I'm in the process of getting one. One has a JW Fishers Pulse 8x and the other has a White's MXT All Pro. We want to do a search off GA but we need a small boat (like a jon or bass boat). If anyone out there has a boat who's near the GA or SC coast and would be interested in helping with our search it would be great hearing from you!