Heck I probably sold a 1000 GB-2's and still have customers wanting them.  That compact rake idea is nice.  How have you been able to do so far this year, I figured the ground is frozen and covered in white stuff.  GB-2 with a small 6" Ellip will go down in history...well deserved too.

• Like 2

Nothing in 2021 yet, Gerry.  Mike has been up, but has gotten snowed out each time and the roads are horrible.  We're careful so the ranchers don't get mad at us for creating more ruts for them and yes the ground is frozen a few inches down.  Jim & I haven't been up for a couple of months, so we're getting stuff ready for when we can.  Hope all is well with you and hope we can detect together this year sometime.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:21 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

GB-2 with a small 6" Ellip will go down in history...well deserved too.

Hell yer....I have the GM 1000, Nox 800 with 6" coil, Whites GMT & I still love my GB2 & that rock solid little sniper coil.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By RiverRat
      I will be retiring in the coming months and am preparing to get back into prospecting. My plan is to go "high tech".  My view is that I may want a VLF to search for small targets then switch to a PI to punch down deeper for any other potential targets over the same area.   I'm leaning strongly toward the Gold Bug 2 for my first detector. I understand after doing some research and watching a bunch of videos on YouTube that the GB2 really  excels at recovering small gold.
      My question is,  considering it's operating frequency, what kind of depth is possible with the GB2 and considering ground mineralization?
    • By nickeldNdimed
      Want to get a sand scoop for the beach. Search did not come up with a good discussion here.  Looking for suggestions.
      Use 2-3 times a year, salt water, wet and dry use. A travel type scoop would be nice for travel and storage. 

Not wanting to spend $300 on high end since it won’t see the heavy use in the near term. I like the RTGs but there are so many options!  Length, scoop size, material/weight. The travel scoop with 2 piece handle seems nice but I have read it has a crappy connection with a sheet metal type screw?  Scoopal and the Nokta scoops are tempting but I could see breaking these. 

Thoughts?
    • By kac
      First proto, I will be testing. 4 1/4" x 10" blade, 40" overall. 2.15 lbs. Integrated foot peg so it doesn't hang up, couple root cutters to reduce side kick.
      Thoughts?

• By Nokta Detectors
      NEW FROM NOKTA MAKRO STAINLESS STEEL PREMIUM SHOVEL WITH COLLAPSIBLE T-HANDLE! • Laser Print Ruler • Wide Footrest • Double-Sided Bottle Opener • Collapsible Shaft 80.5 - 97 cm (31.5" - 38") • 24 cm (9.4") Blade with Teeth on Each Side • 16 cm (6.3") Handle
    • By kac
      Kept snapping the wood handle I had for my sand scoop so I snagged a snow rake extension that has spring clips and insert for around $15. Now I can take the handle off so it fits in my car easier and should hold up well. It seems very sturdy with the ribbed walls. Overall length is cut to 48" including the scoop.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher Gold Bug Operating Manual, 307 KB pdf file, 32 pages
      Fisher Gold Bug Data & Reviews
      Fisher Gold Bug Color Brochure
      First Texas (Fisher) Forum
      This is the manual for the original 1987 19 kHz Gold Bug model. It was revised in 2001 and pictures of the Gold Bug 2 were used for the cover and layout pages, but the manual is for the older "black face plate" model.