Dear Mr Minelab

Tony

Yes, that's why I alluded to the GPX 4500 being re-released, they've done it before... they may do it again if they see any sign of competition in the lower end PI price range the 4500 may then make another appearance as the 4500SE (Second Edition), a simplified less settings version to keep it well away from the GPX 5000 🙂 If they wanted to do it properly they'd do it in a new modern housing in line with the GPX 6000 and 7000 with cut back settings options making it easier to use and understand more suited to the weekend warrior market, I only expect to see this happen if Nokta or somebody comes out with a cheap PI to take that area of the market.  That's a stepping stone to a higher end machine and Minelab won't want that happening.  If they just wanted to do it on the cheap as a quick remedy to competition they'd just release it in the current platform and cut back a few timings or something.

• Like 1

Yeah, Minelab has a lot of old models that are still better than anything else made by others. And they now have enough money to be strategic with pricing, and could literally bring back and sell an old model at a low price, just to gut a competitor. But you know what… either way we get more bang for the buck from somebody.

• Like 2

ML has always been focused on innovation. I can't imagine they would come out with a model that has nothing else to offer than a lower price. That is just not what their name stands for IMO. All current models have some kind of edge over others and I don't think this will change anytime soon. In fact, given the demand for the 6000, I would not be suprised if they already have the next generation ZVT in the works, as the highest priced model yet to come. And I bet it will sell!

• Like 1