Re: Wireless Headphones For White's V3/v3i/vfx

cathexis

So,

Lower-price wireless headphones are going as low as $30 U.S. on Amazon. Nicer ones more, obviously. My 2 questions are:

Does one really need ONLY White's wireless headphones to make the wireless mode work on White's detectors?

Would really any old one work? (The factory originals are more than a little pricey on E-bay, etc.)

TIA!

As I recall, XP was the first to have integrated wireless headphones in the GoldMaxx. They were/are proprietary. White's was second, also proprietary. Then Garrett, proprietary again. Minelab's first wireless was also proprietary. And the non-integrated AirHeads were also proprietary. All this because e.g. Bluetooth of the day had too much latency. There was no other way to do it.

Then CSR introduced Bluetooth with AptX-LL which has low enough latency to work with detectors. Minelab adopted this in their new wireless. I think some others have as well. And the latest BT 5.2 has an integrated low-latency audio that beats even AptX-LL. So I expect going forward detectors will move to BT 5.x. Meanwhile, those old detectors with proprietary wireless are what they are, and there's no fixing them.

• Like 3