Deus 2 Shaft Project Update...

steveg

Hi all!

I am making good progress on the D2 shaft project.  The last loose end is the remote-control mount.  The one that was tested by my field testers was a non-locking version, similar to the one that is on the stock shaft.  However, over the past couple of months I've been working to revise the design to include a locking mechanism on the mount.  That revised design has been completed, and I have a few 3D-printed samples of this new locking version of the mount en route to me.  I need to test these new mounts to be sure the dimensions are correct, and that the locking mechanism works as intended.  

As soon as testing on the locking mount is complete (I expect that it won't take long), and assuming it works as intended with no design tweaks needed, then I will initiate production of the injection mold needed to produce the new mounts.  Usually, it takes about 4 weeks to produce a mold, and then I'll immediately have the first batch of those mounts produced with the new mold.  Production of injection-molded parts only takes a couple of days, and then they can be shipped to me.  All other parts for the first production run of shafts have been ordered -- some I have already received, and some remain in production, with receipt expected in 3 to 4 weeks.  So, it's just the mounts that are the delay at this point.  As soon as I receive them, I'll begin producing -- and shipping -- the first run of shafts to customers.

I already have a large number of names on an informal "wait list," but will be setting up a "formal" wait list as soon as I confirm that the 3D test mounts are proper, and have begun production on the necessary injection mold.

Thanks everyone, for your patience!

Steve

• Like 7

Looking forward to it, Steve. 🙂

• Like 1

martygene -- yup, I have you on the "informal" list also!  😉

Locking mount for the remote control now being tested (see picture)

Steve

D2collapsed.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Brad Plohman said:

Looks good Steve! 

Thanks, Brad!

• Like 1