How Many Of You Have Purchased The Manticore From Cabela's/bass Pro?

Just now, Northeast said:

The words 'usually' and 'likely' concern me 🤣

I might email Minelab about it. 

Thanks for the pertinent links 😉

Yup, legal talk, they can never say 100% definitely as there are variables 🙂

Cases like someone has never taken their detector in the water during the warranty, their warranty expires and they go for a dip with it 6 months after the warranty is out and it drowns the first time in the water are the sort that are VERY likely to be replaced under the consumer guarantees act. 

Here is another little known tidbit....

Return costs

If the business confirms that the product does have a problem, it must reimburse the consumer for any reasonable return costs they have already paid.

Consumers should keep receipts for postage or transport costs so that they can be repaid by the business.

And here is their problem solver to work out if your situation is likely to be covered by the guarantees act above and beyond the warranty.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/problem-with-a-product-or-service-you-bought/repair-replace-refund-cancel/repair-replace-refund-cancel-problem-solver#wizardReportAProblem:1

If your dispute doesn't go to plan you can submit it to the ACCC for them to take over on your behalf and they'll work out is it's a suitable situation for them dealing with the company on your behalf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Consumers should keep receipts for postage or transport costs so that they can be repaid by the business.

Again, thank you 🙏

It has been annoying me a bit that when I do send the GPX 6000 11" coil back for a replacement (cracked ears and cracked at the lead insertion point) I have to pay the postage.  I'll send the postage costs with it now 👍

Previously in my job in Australia I was dealing with this stuff all the time.

Yup, just send a letter in the box with a copy of the postage costs and your bank account details and postal address so they can reimburse you, they'll probably send you a cheque in the post that takes a week to cash to annoy you 🙂

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2023 at 3:50 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

No need to apologize at all my friend.  I totally understand those who don't want to wait.  I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people actually purchased from Cabale's, which then was a lost sale to a dealer.

Minelab asks of us dealers to start promoting the Manticore.  We do so, but when they start shipping, it seems some Sporting Goods Stores get more than the exact same people who are asked to promote it.

A while back, Minelab had a class to show dealers how to sell on Amazon.  I thought that was strange, since I used to be told Minelab is a premium product and they'd never go big box.  I guess Minelab is testing the waters and then who knows, they cut out the dealers totally.

Step by step it is slowing looking that way.

You are not the first dealer that has said Cabelas received a ton of the Manticore's Gerry

was speaking to a dealer that will be selling the Quest V80 which I am interested in and they also stated as you stated about the Manticore, I can PM you the dealers name if you would like

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

How did you fall from 2nd to 3rd?

Man I was just about to ask the same question LOL I would have told that dealer to take a flying leap off a vary high cliff and to stick it up his behind

16 hours ago, Redneck said:

no idea. I no longer live in the area, might have had something to do with it.

Not sure why that would/should have any bearing, but you obviously didn’t press it with the dealer if you have no idea, so he’s going to just do what he’s doing (whether it was an honest mistake, carelessness because he keeps his list on a napkin, or he’s playing favorites or catering to the squeaky wheels). You really owe it to yourself and his other clients to get a straight answer and if you’re not satisfied with that answer, go elsewhere.  Yeah, you’re starting over, but frankly not sure you’re any worse off because it appears you’re moving down, not up the list.  If you don’t advocate for yourself, then you may be “third” on the list for some time because of the demand for this product.  FWIW.

• Like 2

I bought mine from Myers Metal Detectors in Tampa Fl.

He offered to ship it free, but I made the 2-hour trip just to spend some time in the store and safely secure it. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yup, just send a letter in the box with a copy of the postage costs and your bank account details and postal address so they can reimburse you

Do not send your bank account details through the mail, take the slow check.  It opens you to a kind of theft that can have you pulling your hair out for years. Some of us cannot afford to lose any hair.

1 hour ago, Geezer said:

Do not send your bank account details through the mail, take the slow check.  It opens you to a kind of theft that can have you pulling your hair out for years. Some of us cannot afford to lose any hair.

If you're concerned about such things you could just tell them to contact you for details for payment, I'd be more concerned about email than snail mail for things going wrong.  The only things posted by snail mail these days are junk mail and bills 🙂  People don't steal mail to rummage though and try find someones birthday money from Great Granny Betsy anymore.

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

If you're concerned about such things you could just tell them to contact you for details for payment, I'd be more concerned about email than snail mail for things going wrong.  The only things posted by snail mail these days are junk mail and bills 🙂  People don't steal mail to rummage though and try find someones birthday money from Great Granny Betsy anymore.

I am not concerned for me, I am concerned that someone else does not know the risk. I have been through this. The harm is not what they steal, it is cleaning up the mess created by it. It is a giant pain and expensive and incredibly time consuming. People of modest means are hit disproportionately hard because they do not have means to fight this. Our data is less secure than most people think. It is no joke and should be taken very seriously.

People do indeed steal mail, but not for birthday money. Chicken feed. Your birthday would be more valuable to them. This is nothing to be casual about. I am surprised to see you make a joke out of this.