F5 Vs F75 Or T2 All Metal

On 4/5/2023 at 8:22 AM, Mark Gillespie said:

Exactly, but I wanted to state my machine does well regardless of the DST settings.  One has less chatter than the other.  Of course I'm using the stock 11" DD coil.  High minerals in the ground will cause many different kinds of target anomalies.  For me, high minerals will pull down the target ID and audio and yes times all the way into the iron range. 

Same with my F75. I saw very little difference between DST on and DST off. I don't know why they even bothered adding an off option. DST solved the EMI problem but the loss of performance compared to my T2 SE which had no DST was disappointing. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Morning folks,just ordered a brand new T2+ today and should be here by the weekend,i have had my original green T2 since 2007 as it was one of the 1st batches here in the UK,this machine has found me more gold hammered/milled coinage than all my other machine put together.

My question is am i right in saying that you can run boost mode in AM ?? as i am reading it you set the machine up initially in Discrimination mode with BP and then flick it over into AM mode is that correct.Never really liked the stock coil so will be using my all time favourite NEL Sharpshooter coil on as i find it works exceptionally well on my trashy roman/Saxon site and my older T2 will have my bigger NEL Storm on it for deeper pasture sites.

I am assuming that dealers are selling off older stock machines as i picked this one up brand new for under £300 including postage so grabbed a bargain.

• Like 3

@RickUK From my understanding you are correct on getting AM into Boost mode.

• Like 1

Just a quick question,my new T2+ arrived this morning and also ordered another couple of smaller coils as i have never been a fan of the stock coil,my question is after switching the T2 on,i would usually go straight to AM mode which is self explanatory or in the earlier days Discrimination mode,i am aware on how to get into both of these settings but how do you go into Boost mode and than transfer over to AM mode,its either one or the other,but cannot see how to transfer over into AM mode after selecting Boost mode ??? any suggestions on this one please  even if it is possible which i am almost certain it can be.

Many thanks

F5 is the only Fisher I have ever used but I have read extensively about the F75 & T2.  It may be that AM Boost was on the F75 only. If nobody with actual experience chimes in I would call First Texas and ask a tech.

I think boost mode is already and has always been part of the all metal mode on the T2, it's only for discrimination modes which is why you can't transfer it over.  On my older T2 that has no boost mode I just run discrimination below 5 or above 49 and it seems to go into a boost mode without having the particular feature, adding significant depth, at the cost of some stability of course, but I prefer all metal on the T2 anyway.

If you put it in BP mode while in disc mode, it carries over to All Metal.  And it is quite noticeable with it on vs off. Beware though, as you can get a lot of blow back from the ground. IMO the best all around coil for it is the NEL SuperFly.  That is the coil that stays on mine.  

This thread is a sad reminder of the reality of time marching on.  The opening post to it, is in reference to my civil war relic site "bullet hill".  I've had it for 20+ years and now it's completely gone.  Was sold shortly after my last hunt there in which the message references...and now is a subdivision.  

• Sad 1

Thanks folks regarding my question about Boost mode,on my older model you cannot toggle between Discrimination mode and AM once you have set the machine up,but my new T2+ you can so well please with that,have never got on with the stock coil so i have a brand new SEF 8x6 coil arriving tomorrow which will suit my trashy roman/saxon sites....once again thanks for all your help.

Also just put on my very rare experimental 6'' coil from Coiltek of which as far as i can tell only 12 was made,its basically slightly bigger ground coverage of the factory 5'' but it boost mode certainly on my test patch does gives some welcome extra depth so great on really trashy sites as the coil in boost mode acts like a laser beam.