Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Deus 2 Update V1.0 Released

Sandheron

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm sure they've got their IT tech's on it, but takes some of the buzz away from a new update.  Sounds a good one though, I like the FE T.ID on/off option and the Faster Target ID but I'm very disappointed to see nothing in there about improving gold mode, that was really my deciding factor if I'd get a Deus 2 or not and it appears they're not able to or don't want to improve its small gold performance at this stage. 

Very disappointing.

I can confirm that version 1.0 Deus 2 FMF Goldfield is just as insensitive to smaller gold nuggets that weigh less than 0.5 grams as it was before the software update. Deus 2 program 7 Mono and Deus 2 program 14 Fast 40 (based on Deus 2 Mono) are both included in the update and out perform FMF Goldfield by up to 5 centimeters on small sub 0.5 gram nuggets........? 

Those two programs do not have the moderate to high iron mineralized ground handling of XP's FMF tech however.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Thanks for doing that Jeff, I didn't really need another detector anyway, I'm trying to kick the habit and there is no Detector buyers anonymous in my area.

• Like 2

Well that was fun! ?

Updated all my gear to V1, and reprogrammed the Reaper. ? I'm sure I'll be adding flexibility later but I'm pleased it went ok. I've reprogrammed the remote, the WS6, two pairs of WSA-II headphones, and got everything back to good including 2 pinpointers which I find were still there after the update along with all my coils. ? It was a bit fiddly and I had to repeat the process a few times but I kicked butt and took names. ?

I used a crappy BAK laptop with windows 11, so don't say it doesn't work. It does have a USB 3 port tho. Brave Browser to block all the popups and ads. Go by this:

"If it ain't black or blue it won't do."

Air tested a bunch of rings and stuff and my my my, it seems to hit 'em deeper.

More later. ?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, SwiftSword said:

FYI, the site is down at the moment. 3:02PM EST. 

You'd think they'd know how many of the things they've sold, and sized their servers accordingly...

Site is not down. I can get to it both on my laptop and phone. Let's not go nuts y'all. ?

I found that even though my pinpointer was there, I had to reset the sensitivity and save it again on both the remote and WS6. No biggie. Probably because of the new (old) program.

I'm going to make xp wait until later tonight or tomorrow before I do the update. Mostly cause I'm on my wait out anyway. But love what I am hearing, especially being able to change top end frequency in each program.  Liked the mono program for that...