Deus 2 Update V1.0 Released

Sandheron

17 minutes ago, brys said:

D1 didn’t have the validation it was simple,so why do we have to jump thru hoops to update

Because now you have to sign up to get it, this means they get your name and email address and try sign you up to their news letter, great for marketing reasons and they'll also know how many owners have updated, good for research purposes.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, Tony said:

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

yea, bit crazy the day they release an update and everyone is excited they didn't have their website ready to serve it out

websiteerror.thumb.jpg.099027d527c95b0be16898bcb3503831.jpg

I'm sure they've got their IT tech's on it, but takes some of the buzz away from a new update.  Sounds a good one though, I like the FE T.ID on/off option and the Faster Target ID but I'm very disappointed to see nothing in there about improving gold mode, that was really my deciding factor if I'd get a Deus 2 or not and it appears they're not able to or don't want to improve its small gold performance at this stage. 

May be you should apply at XP for an IT tech job Simon , looks like they need one ... 🙂

13 minutes ago, palzynski said:

May be you should apply at XP for an IT tech job Simon , looks like they need one ... 🙂

Nah, they're using OVH for hosting and web services that would have been doing it all for them, 3rd biggest cloud computing company in the world and based in France, they have no issues with bandwidth, they could easily handle pumping that little firmware update to multi millions of people, way more than required it,  it seemed to be more of a DNS propagation time frame problem with different DNS servers around the world taking time to sync, they needed to go live a bit sooner but not announce it to give time for propagation to take place.

All good, it's all resolved now and happy owners should be updating with no issues.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nah, they're using OVH for hosting and web services that would have been doing it all for them, 3rd biggest cloud computing company in the world and based in France, they have no issues with bandwidth, they could easily handle pumping that little firmware update to multi millions of people, way more than required it,  it seemed to be more of a DNS propagation time frame problem with different DNS servers around the world taking time to sync, they needed to go live a bit sooner but not announce it to give time for propagation to take place.

All good, it's all resolved now and happy owners should be updating with no issues.

Definitely not a DNS issue. Site is down right now. Though, I was there in the morning, and Yesterday performed a flawless update.

They can use OVH, AWS, Azure whatever. When they point A record to single IP - and I don't expect, they have load balancer there - we can be sure, bottleneck is their own infrastructure. It seems they even don't have a proxy there. Site is still down btw. I wouldn't be surprised, if they used standard SQL db to handle everything in real-time, without async queue. Yeah, Apache is serving updater site...

If they used static updater, without logging in, they would be fine...

Or at least if they did proper performance/load testing.

But everyone makes mistakes, hope they will learn something...

I just watched Paystreak’s latest video on the update and he really likes it.  He must be a tester for XP because he said he has many (I think he said hundreds!?) of videos using the 1.00 update.  He said he would be trickling them out over the next few months.  

I'm having an issue with remote and WS6 not pairing after updating both of them. Not sure what to do at this point. The remote and WS6 have paired to the coil, just not each other. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I received this message May 16, 8:00 EST

DF5581E7-B1EA-4461-80D2-76BBCBBB8A07.jpeg

Had no problems with the update..