Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Lost Treasure Magazine Ceases Publication After 52 Years

Have they, Lost Treasure magazine, actually made any comment as to why? Surely they owe that at the very least to their loyal "past" customers.

JW 

• Like 3

I was one of the contributors...and being here in England didn't receive my cheque for a couple of articles till much later...then when I paid it in, it was returned to me! (As well as bounced fees)  Of course I haven't lost as much as you folk who have subscribed to the magazine, and I certainly am sympathetic as well as sharing that feeling of a kick in the nuts!

I hope fate balances it all out by giving you a 20 Dollar bit on your next hunt out, and a nice gold Guinea for me!

All the best,

Darren Clarke

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum Donna. They are out of business... nothing to renew.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, Poul1959 said:

Very sad. There was my post about searching in Russia.

Post it here. It would be a good read.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Отправьте это здесь. Это было бы хорошее чтение.

I will scan my publication.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Last July (July 2014) Tim Mallory of First Texas made a post on a Facebook page. First Texas is the parent company of Fisher, the well known detector manufacturer. Fisher used to make a pulse induction diving detector, the Impulse, but it has been discontinued. Fisher stands out as a company with strong VLF prospecting detectors but also as the only "Big 5" manufacturer without a PI detector of any sort in the lineup.
      2019 Edit - Announced as Fisher Impulse AQ
      Fisher was also a leader in multi frequency detectors with the CZ series but has rested on the laurels ever since, with no digital version of the old CZ3D offered to date. It has been common knowledge for some time that Fisher has at least been working on a new PI and a new multi frequency models.
      Facebook post by Tim Mallory of Fisher (excerpts):
      Tim Mallory - I'm new to your group. I'm head of sales and marketing at first texas products, which owns fisher, teknetics, bounty hunter and two night vision companies, night owl and nivisys. We've got a lot of exciting new products coming down the pipe, starting with the f19, introducing right now, then an upgrade for the f75, in the fall, and then new super weather resistant machines on the mid to low range, in the spring.... Lots coming....
      Joe Trino - Is the water resistant machine dual feq?
      Tim Mallory - Joe, no. They are replacements for f2 and f4. They'll be a lot of machine for the money...but not multifrequency. We have a mf in the hopper and it has recently moved from research to development, but it takes a long time to innovate a new machine of this caliber.
      Joe Trino - Tim I love my cz21 I have dug a lot of gold and silver with it my only complaint would be the shaft is flimsy and could beef up the coil wires and headphones I feel confident I can keep up with any mine lab machine about time for a new fisher pi unit.
      Tim Mallory - Joe, we have 15 seasoned engineers. Still it takes 3 to 5 years to get a new platform to the intro stage. Let me just say, a PI is in the works.
      Dusty Willis - So I was wondering.... When is fisher going to get into the pulse induction business and come out with a pi machine for gold to compete with minelab?
      Tim Mallory - Dusty, it's on the bench. But still in research...arguably close to development stage...someday we will have a kick ass PI.
      I notice Fisher getting grief on some forums for "being late" with the new machines. The fact is however there has never been any hint of a production timeframe from Fisher. Units are always under development, and many never see the light of day. Anything under development can stop or go at any time for any reason. There simply is no reason to expect a new pulse induction or multi frequency machine from Fisher until they make an official announcement that a release date is near. Still, one can always hope, and I hope we see something one of these days. I would certainly welcome a lightweight affordable PI alternative to what is currently available. The CZ was always one of my favorite detectors, and a more compact lighter CZ would also be welcome.
      But I am not holding my breath!
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=352835
      05 Mar 2019 Minelab Returns to Detectival 2019 as Title Sponsor
      Minelab, the world leader in metal detecting technology, will be the title sponsor at Detectival 2019 from Sep. 13-16 in Oxfordshire, UK. Detectival is an annual event created to bring the world of metal detecting together on over 1000 acres of land with 600 acres of undetected, searchable land. This marks Minelab’s third year attending the event and second year as a title sponsor.
      “Minelab is thrilled to return to Detectival in 2019 as title sponsor. Our participation for the last two years has provided a great opportunity for us to meet both new and longtime Minelab users from across Europe,” says Ben Harvey, Vice-President, General Manager for Americas, Europe and Russia. “The entire Detectival team works tirelessly to produce the best experience possible and we are really excited about what we can deliver this year.”
      Detectival has grown from a gathering of UK detectorists to include groups around the globe, manufacturers and traders. The event features entertainers, caterers and a large amount of land to detect. More information about Detectival 2019 can be found at Detectival.com.
    • By Nokta Detectors
      Dear Valued Members,
      As Nokta Makro Detectors, we are committed to investing in process improvements that will benefit and support our end-users. 
      Due to the growing demand of our global business and our commitment to providing the best service, we are pleased to announce our new USA Service Center which will start servicing customers as of March 1, 2019.
      This will help us to streamline the repair and/or replacement processes and respond to end-users on a timely manner to provide them with the best customer service experience they deserve. 
      Please find below the contact info for the Nokta Makro Service Center in the USA and should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. 
      NOKTA MAKRO SERVICE CENTER
      Email: service@noktamakrorepairs.com
      Tel: 706-619-2601
      Address: 7579 Nashville Street 
      Ringgold, GA 30736
      Best Regards,
      Dilek Gonulay 
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3072762#post3072762
    • By Swegin
      Looks like a new contest from minelab.  I don't know whats in a Minelab Mystery Prize Box.
      https://www.minelab.com/bonditreasurehunterchallenge?fbclid=IwAR3xAuOd4D-iNX1g-QoyKn07IBK3eKv4fQsmJDHb9d97i41g51ohF8YqLo8