Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

TDI Hi-q

Glenn in CO

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Think about this if you could buy both coils it may cost around about 500 to get out the door with them . Take that 500 from 1099 that you can buy the whole package for and now you find yourself paying 599 for the electronics you have in that tan box .

Just how do you spell steal as in stolen.

Chuck,

I think White's should hire you as their new sales/marketing manager. Don't let them low ball you on compensation though! :biggrin:

12 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Jim

If this TDI sales is like a dead fish and don’t move like White’s wants we’ll see it sooner. That tan box didn’t sale like they wanted before and they want to try to make another run at it .

Think about this if you could buy both coils it may cost around about 500 to get out the door with them . Take that 500 from 1099 that you can buy the whole package for and now you find yourself paying 599 for the electronics you have in that tan box .

Just how do you spell steal as in stolen.

If White’s are someone out there would make a video to show and tell all . I could find myself with a tan box standing with other detectors.

Chuck 

Bear in mind, Chuck, that the electronics cost is really low. I doubt the components cost Whites more than $100. All you have left is the box, shaft, and labor. The real cost is in the engineering. I imagine they're still making money at the new price, even including the coils. Also, where are you getting your info on how many tan machines have sold? They obviously sold enough to run out of the MJFM coils.

Jim

Jim

If White’s wasn’t making money they wouldn’t be selling it.

It’s like you said in my way you’re not paying the Doctor for what he’s doing but what he knows .

Chuck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 11:08 AM, garikfox said:

I like this machine, i want one. ?

Now the question is, can we use 8 x Energizer Ultimate Lithium's to gain the voltage needed for depth.

8 x 1.81v = 14.48v

7 hours ago, garikfox said:

Hey guys, I was curious and emailed White's to see about the new coil on the TDI SL. If anyone is interested here is what Jack from White's said.

tdihiq.thumb.png.30d00bb24774ec17a87991ea55f7f58f.png

Stay strong Garik.  You've got everything you need and more with your NIB GPX 5000 and all the coils you already purchased.  Remember Rob's advice ...  :rolleyes:

Ok, here is what we have so far as of today, 10/18/19. From White’s website on the camo version of Hi-Q:

“All-new patented 8×14″ Dual Field coil for improved depth and sensitivity.”

White’s website on the tan version of Hi-Q:

“All-new patented 8×12″ Dual Field High-Q coil for improved depth and sensitivity.“

Both detectors have the same MSRP of $1195.95. If you order the camo from White’s website, do you get a larger coil as advertised?

For what it’s worth dealers are advertising both as having an 8” x 12” or more accurately 7.5” x 12” coil

Does “all-new” mean all new? Does High-Q have some kind of new performance feature? Or is it just a name picked out of a hat?

Or is this “all-new patented” a newer version of the patented Dual Field coil series but otherwise nothing new beyond a new housing?

Ridge Runner called White’s and was told verbally this is a folded mono coil. So which is it, the patented Dual Field, or not patented folded mono design? Or is there a new Hi-Q folded mono White’s is patenting? If so, where is the patent application?

Personally, just looking at the housing, it appears to be a simple mono coil design, neither Dual Field or folded mono.

Yet the email from White’s posted by garikfox says “The TDI Hi-Q is our version of the TDI-MJD they perform identical...”

So no improved depth and sensitivity? And folded mono, not Dual Field? Or does “our version” just mean both coils are black and elliptical, and maybe this is just a regular mono coil as seems to be looking at the housing? Or is it more a reference to the prior TDI-SL with Miner John coil and this TDI-SL and this new coil, with this version having no improved depth and sensitivity over the Miner John version. In other words, they ran out of Miner John coils and replaced it with something made by White’s, but otherwise basically the same thing?

If that is the case, what is this all about?....

“All-new patented 8×12″ Dual Field High-Q coil for improved depth and sensitivity.“

I don’t think I am picking on White’s here. These are honest questions about what White’s is advertising. The advertising does not seem to match what is being told to customers verbally and via email. Or is it just me and I’m being out of line with these questions? You tell me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1