Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Where Is Fisher On The Impulse?

On 2/3/2020 at 4:05 AM, PPP said:

HI!

Is there anyone out there with some update or news about the AQ? It is now February for God sake!

Maybe Fisher made an error and instead of 2020 for the launch date they mend 2021, looks that we are heading that way!

5 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Rich, if you mean mine, it went back. They had to change some stuff to get CE certification and they didn’t want any non-conforming units “in the wild”.

Yep, I've been following what now seems to be season 3 of "The Manta". I'm expecting that you will eventually get it back, being that you've already paid for it. ?

Rich

Wish I had more info to offer, but I don't. There is no question the Impulse is difficult to build, and is quite different from what the FT factory is used to producing. That is a big part of the problem. But I have no doubt that the Impulse will make it out the door. Don't ask me when, I really don't know.

P.S. -- the Fisher web site will soon get a major facelift.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well there you go, from the horses mouth so to speak. He has no doubt it will make it out the door! Good to read from him!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geotech said:

Wish I had more info to offer, but I don't. There is no question the Impulse is difficult to build, and is quite different from what the FT factory is used to producing. That is a big part of the problem. But I have no doubt that the Impulse will make it out the door. Don't ask me when, I really don't know.

P.S. -- the Fisher web site will soon get a major facelift.

Thanks Carl for weighing in. I have to admit my post was hoping to have somebody do just that. I can guess you have been trying hard to knock one issue down after another. It is good to hear you are confident of eventual success, as the Impulse is the only new detector I’ve had any real interest in for the last couple years to the point of wanting to get one. Thanks again for the ray of hope. We are counting on you! :smile:

• Like 5

This is good news but honestly how much work is required by consumers to convince a company that they are interested in their products?  To think that it took this much effort from a person of Steve's stature to get a Fisher response is really just plain silly.  We've had Le Jag and Rick try earnestly to do this on their own time when it really is the responsibility of the company to professionally get the word out, right?

I'm hoping that this web site facelift includes an Impulse AQ page.  If it doesn't than Fisher will have botched yet another opportunity to reach its customer base.

• Like 4

I love this forum, I think it's cool as hell I can hear from the HMFIC and the designer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

This is good news but honestly how much work is required by consumers to convince a company that they are interested in their products?

This may seem like a significant interest to a garage outfit like Tarsacci (no offense intended, but a few hunded niche detectors units sold), but to FT, the interest of 20 or so hard core detectorists is hardly a blip on the radar screen.  As mentioned before, this is a nice evolutionary step in refining the targeted implemetation of EXISTING technology (there is no actual basic technology breakthrough here).  And for a niche application (salt water jewelry hunting) in a specialized hobby, with little to no industrial or military crossover capability.  So the lack of versatility, despite awesome specialized capability, coupled with possible mass manufacting difficulties and international regulatory compliance requirements issues make this a VERY risky proposition for FT.  It will get released when ready and cajoling from the sidelines of a forum are not going to move the needle at all, sad to say, despite the fact that this is the best MD forum in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1