Surgery Operation On TDI Bh Question.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, pjrough said:

leave the minelab coil alive. you better google for the coils shell- there are plenty of options. one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-detector-8-coil-housing-shell-with-bracket-/174001245964

Well done!!!!!!!!

RR

3 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

I had a 7" shell but Alexandre has it now he was suppose to do me a 7" coil for PI thats before Fisher bought the project......

RR

Straight from the hands of our future God?🔝😁

other option is to talk to detech (for example). there are many TDIBH users out there, and the waranty period of first detectors is running out. many people are searching for alternatives to 12" floaty coil. someone has to bring 8 -11" epoxy filled coil to the market...

Just now, Skullgolddiver said:

Straight from the hands of our future God?🔝😁

I detect the Thames and there is carpets of nails (literally) if the version Terra or Aq can work on the Thames with the small coil i think a lot of my machines will be up for sale and i ll be rich again loooool

RR

7 minutes ago, pjrough said:

other option is to talk to detech (for example). the re are many TDIBH users out there, and the waranty period of first detectors is running out. many people are searching alternatives to 12" floaty coil. someone has to bring 8 -11" epoxy filled coil to the market...

This will be another good option and if they are opened to this kind of requests, I'll be more than happy to suggest how a dive coil need to be (at least for my taste)

15 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

I detect the Thames and there is carpets of nails (literally) if the version Terra or Aq can work on the Thames with the small coil i think a lot of my machines will be up for sale and i ll be rich again loooool

RR

I think the machine is fast enough to really separate iron from good stuff... Unluckily for us, in the water 12.5" is not that manouvrable...And in saltwater here in my area, seem to be impossible to hunt without noise...Nuisance is the correct term...As I feel when using the TDI now.

9 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I always read of resistors and other things I don't even know right now as I'm not a technician...

Do you have Carl's and George's book?  IMO, if you're going to build-your-own that would be a good investment.  On Ebay-USA you can buy a new Garrett Sea Hunter for $85 with free shipping (in USA only).  I don't know if Serious_Detecting will even ship to Italy (or what that would cost...) but you could ask.  Connectors (again, in USA) would still keep the cost under $100 here.  Of course that just gets you a chance to see if a White's connector on a Garrett Sea Hunter coil gives you a good performance mate to the White's TDI....

I like to fidget (i.e. Do It Yourself = DIY) myself.  But there certainly is a tradeoff between how much fun one gets doing that and how badly one needs the best solution possible.  In my case, most of the time my DIY's turn out to be mediocre solutions.  There are people out there (I know one) who are so experienced, focused, and inventive that they can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse when it comes to electronics mods.  They are members of a rare breed in my experience.

I think Steve was at least hinting that a White's 7.5 inch TDI coil would be one way to go. They used to make two versions -- dual field and Aussie mono -- but I don't know if they still do, and they weren't cheap.  You can be pretty sure those will work out-of-the-box assuming you can hack replacing the hardwired TDI Beach Hunter's 12 inch mono.  But then there's the question of how buoyant it is.

Obviously there's also the issue of whether or not changing a coil on the (hardwired) White's TDI Beach Hunter would void its warranty.  But I assume you've already decided to take that risk.  Tradeoffs, always tradeoffs, but those make life more interesting.  😏  I do sincerely hope you find a solution.  Then you can report back here on how you did it!

14 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Do you have Carl's and George's book?  IMO, if you're going to build-your-own that would be a good investment.  On Ebay-USA you can buy a new Garrett Sea Hunter for $85 with free shipping (in USA only).  I don't know if Serious_Detecting will even ship to Italy (or what that would cost...) but you could ask.  Connectors (again, in USA) would still keep the cost under $100 here.  Of course that just gets you a chance to see if a White's connector on a Garrett Sea Hunter coil gives you a good performance mate to the White's TDI....

I like to fidget (i.e. Do It Yourself = DIY) myself.  But there certainly is a tradeoff between how much fun one gets doing that and how badly one needs the best solution possible.  In my case, most of the time my DIY's turn out to be mediocre solutions.  There are people out there (I know one) who are so experienced, focused, and inventive that they can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse when it comes to electronics mods.  They are members of a rare breed in my experience.

I think Steve was at least hinting that a White's 7.5 inch TDI coil would be one way to go. They used to make two versions -- dual field and Aussie mono -- but I don't know if they still do, and they weren't cheap.  You can be pretty sure those will work out-of-the-box assuming you can hack replacing the hardwired TDI Beach Hunter's 12 inch mono.  But then there's the question of how buoyant it is.

Obviously there's also the issue of whether or not changing a coil on the (hardwired) White's TDI Beach Hunter would void its warranty.  But I assume you've already decided to take that risk.  Tradeoffs, always tradeoffs, but those make life more interesting.  😏  I do sincerely hope you find a solution.  Then you can report back here on how you did it!

Thanks for all of your suggestions 😊...

Right now I'm evaluating a number of options.

I have a ruined old DD Excal coil to use for the experiment...For this reason is a good and cheap base to try...

Second option is a Detech 8" closed mono (most valid until yesterday)...

Third option will be to ask Detech for a personal model created (I doubt can be easily done)...

Fourth option can be to sell the entire machine to a wetsand hunter and leave the world as it is, cause is a fantastic deep puncher on the beach but in the water, seriously down on the bottom can made You crazy...

52 minutes ago, pjrough said:

leave the minelab coil alive. you better google for the coils shell- there are plenty of options. one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-detector-8-coil-housing-shell-with-bracket-/174001245964

Thanks for the link...I've seen already something similar on eBay UK If I correctly remember.

The old DD Minelab coil is already died, due to the past owner terrible care...In fact I hardwired the 8" to change it immediately when I purchased the machine from him.