Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab GPX 6000 With Geo Sense Pulse Induction

1 hour ago, Skookum said:

To follow their own marketing terminology, what would the experienced user say are the best features for the SDC and the GPX 5000?

SDC2300 - MPF (multi period fast) pulse induction, ease of set up/use  

GPX4500/5000 - large coil selection (DD, Mono, Concentric); multiple timings; multiple settings for ground balance & audio; ability to operate + set up manually for more experienced users or in presets/auto tracking for those wanting an easier set up + operation; manually adjustable rx gain/stabiliser; tuning manually adjustable 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamid said:

I want to see something new from Minelab that release an unit for the experts. 
No “auto”any more. 

The 'Holy Grail' so to speak of metal detectors would be one that 'automatically' ignores the ground and everything 'bad' in it and would only react to 'valuable' targets.

The problem of engineers, metal detecting companies and users of detectors is defining 'bad' and 'valuable!'  The GM for instance tries to make it easy by saying gold or not gold.  What if you want to find relics rather than gold.  That then becomes your object of value.  The same could be said of meteorites.  They have value.

Minelab is not replacing the 7000 so this 6000 with Geo Sense will not exceed the power and capabilities of a 7000.  If it did then no one would buy a 7000.  Minelab is in a delicate dance here.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

The GM for instance tries to make it easy by saying gold or not gold.

I think that illustrates an even more fundamental problem than addressing detectorists' intended targets -- the difference in meaning between 'tries' and 'succeeds'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

And once they figure out how to discriminate lead from gold they can set the price for the machine to whatever dollar value they want and not worry about sales....

As a relic hunter, lead is gold.  Now if they find a way to separate aluminum from gold, lead, and brass, then we might have something to talk about... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dial-a-target ...

The AQ Limited is dialed in to Gold Rings!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MSC said:

I agree, I am rich !!! if lead is Gold, I am in the top 100 of the richest people in the USA.

This is a display case filled with nearly 1,000 complete Shaler 3-piece CW minie ball bullets found in a single hole dug in Culpeper, VA.  At $100+ US dollars per complete three piece set, this display is valued at just north of $100,000.  Not really close to the intrinsic weight value of gold, but nothing to sneeze at.  Hence my comment from a relic digger's perspective who uses a GPX at these sites.  The right kind of lead is valued in my world, as is gold, obviously, and brass not attached to a shotgun shell casing.  Aluminum not so much.  :wink:

20170326_155238.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Chase,

Maybe you want to make that a separate thread and tell us more about 'the find' and why you think all of it might have been in one hole.

Mitchel

• Like 1