Masked Objects Tid's

On 1/22/2021 at 6:07 PM, Sun-Boy said:

Kac,

I was wondering if you could add another part to your test.  Could you take a silver quarter, and measure the VDI at different depths?  Like at 2.5", 5", 7.5", with the quarter in the same orientation, I'm curious to see if the VDI changes with distance on the same target.

-S

Increasing the distance between the mask and quarter? I would suspect that the id's may change over distance and eventually be similar to the dime. When I get a chance I will.

Did quick test with a silver quarter over distance with the mask above and yes id's drop off. Magnetite the numbers held a little better but made the machine unstable, iron and coal dragged the numbers down and iron was the worst.

For kicks I tested the AT Pro with the new coil Mars 10x13 mainly because I was too lazy to put the repaired stock coil on and the Mars coil was very stable over coal and the machine gave better numbers. Could be just a better coil or because it wasn't broken before but looks like that will be my new puddle combo. Clean signal at 8" isn't shabby with this extreme test.

• Like 2