Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

45 minutes ago, egixe4 said:

They don’t even have to work to get a sale, all profit and no work for them.

I know enough of this machine to get me interested. I already own the GM, SDC and GPZ, use all of them heavily and I can't say enough good things about all of them. The 6000 specs, from what is known,  would make a nice fit into my fleet and I am confident that this is a superb machine and suited for my additional needs. But of course, you can opt for a more cautions approach. Everybody plays this game differently, but I want it asap so I can test it. And in case I really would not like it, I would just trade it in for something else. 

• Like 5

Im on a distributors list as well. This is the gold machine i have been waiting so long for.

• Like 3

Thanks, JW. I never owned a GPX but I have used one of my friend on occasion, so I am aware of its excellent versatility. But I admit I only scratched the surface of what the machine can do with all the settings combinations available. And you are right, the unlimited coil options helped making this machine a legend and an icon amongst detectors in history, and this is certainly greatly missed with the newer generation of ML machines. Let's hope this will change eventually and not just via after market solutions which certainly are a good option for many.

Cheers and happy hunting!

GC

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Yes the GP's & GPX's as we knew them & their huge versatility with the wide range of coils & multiple setting choices are a platform I doubt we will ever see again.

JW ? 

- until our Russkie mates deliver the goods once more - ?

Following this one with considerable interest!

• Like 1

It looks like Minelab has gone all out in reviewing the design of the 6000 to keep weight down. Full carbon fibre shaft, integrating stand into the battery, plastic housing right down to only having the one nut holding the coil on. they must have look at each component and asked do we really need it and if the answer is yes how do we make it lighter.  I just wonder whether having one nut / bolt on the coil will be strong enough with the thread on the nutless (is that a word?) side taking all the pressure to make it secure. Has this been done before? Anyway this and some peoples preference for a longer shaft can be taken care of by the aftermarket people.

still 3 big questions to be answered - price, coil construction / compatibility and what is Geo Sense PI.

• Like 2

I was thinking about beach work - it says "all soils" so it should work. As soon as i get mine i will give it a go in the wet sand.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VicR said:

still 3 big questions to be answered - price, coil construction / compatibility and what is Geo Sense PI.

and 4, does it work?

• Haha 1

Good Point. But Price, coil construction / compatibility and what is Geo Sense PI will have definitive answers. While "Does it work" will be subjective - opinions will range from its the best detector to its the worst detector, which i think is already happening even before we know everything about it or have had some real world testing - which is fine because everyone is entitled to their unique opinion and im sure opinions over time will change both ways.