GPX 6000 - How Do Others Compete?

The monster/5in is an absolute blessing in hydraulic pits with tiny shallow gold surrounded by mountains of trash. No other machine works in these conditions.

4 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Following on to a previous thread, I don't think for the 0.05g size the GPZ and SDC should only get 1 star and the monster 4. This sort of general verdict is just not accurate and I have no idea why ML is putting this out. The SDC and in particular the GPZ can be super sensitive for the small gold and both can by far outperform the monster in particular in mineralized soil. I think these ratings are merely describing intended application potential rather than real machine comparisons.

Think on a regularity basis, you do not consistently find those sizes with current tech (obviously the Monster is more restrained by ground noise). They happen on occasion but cannot be considered ‘plentiful’. There are places were the current tech can find those tiny sizes sure but that’s just the nature of the ground type and the specific gold shapes and densities available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I would be very surprised if it beats my GPZ with small coil on small gold but if it does that's great! 🙂

I did read somewhere that Minelab stated that the GPZ was still their flagship detector. To me that meant that the GPX 6000 wasn't going to be as good as the GPZ 7000.

The 'small' coil for the GPZ is 14" the small coil for the GPX 6000 is 11". Have I missed something here?

G4G

• Like 1

The guides are simplistic marketing tools and you should not read too much into them. The positioning in the product line up tells you 80% of what you need to know. The rest is details. The charts basically justify the positioning. Minelab is saying up front the GPZ is top dog, but just like all the models the 6000 will no doubt excel in its own little way. I can find gold with an SDC the GPZ misses and it costs a lot less. But should everyone ditch their GPZ for the SDC? You know the answer to that.

• Like 4

None of use know what is in the ground, we can all guess but until something comes along that is better we all of us have to guess at what’s still down there. All of the discussions about size and sensitivity and aftermarket this and aftermarket that are pure conjecture when trying to do comparisons to what might be coming. The GPZ was a very good example, it was promoted as being new and different but not everyone had successes with it, the expectation has to be in alignment with reality, you cannot just base your expectations on a supposition of what ‘might” still be in the ground relative to a marketing expectation guide of performance and behaviour, especially marketing material that has not been officially released in your market yet. 

The expectation is what keeps us going out, the hopes there is still gold present. Over the years ML have had the uncanny ability to keep on generating products that open up more opportunities. At the moment thats all you have to go on, Minelab’s track record.

• Like 6

I am just generally amazed what small stuff the GPZ can find despite the 14 in coil that the GM has a hard time detecting with the tiny 5 in.  I am a "dig it all" guy so I have recovered microscopic trash and gold with the GPZ, so small that I can barely see it in the scoop. Hence, I would give the GPZ a 5 star for small and large gold, but make it dependent on the user's willingness to go for small stuff with the GPZ as well.  🙂

42 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The guides are simplistic marketing tools and you should not read too much into them. The positioning in the product line up tells you 80% of what you need to know. The rest is details. The charts basically justify the positioning. Minelab is saying up front the GPZ is top dog, but just like all the models the 6000 will no doubt excel in its own little way. I can find gold with an SDC the GPZ misses and it costs a lot less.

Spot on, well worded Steve. 🥵🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1