Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Detectors That You Used In 2020 ?

I used the Simplex most of the time. After that would be the Tarsacci. Probably would have been an even split if I lived closer to the beach. I had an E-trac for about 6 months, but the weight and slower separation speed didn't work well for me, so I gave it to my best friend. Just picked up the Equinox in January, so I'm looking forward to see how it does.

All the high end Minelabs for gold, as well as CTX3030, Equinox 800, Impact, Anfibio, Gold Kruzer, and even a little playing with the Quest30. 

On 1/31/2021 at 8:48 PM, Chuck M said:

I'm new to the hobby, started late in 2020 but I used the Fisher F22 then bought a Minelab Vanquish 540 pro pack 

How do you like the Vanquish compared to the F22?  I still love to take my F22 out occasionally instead of my 600. Looking to try a Vanquish sometime. 

Equinox 800 and 600 - all three coil sizes

Vanquish 540

Tesoro Vaquero Black w its z-lynk

Garrett Carrot with z-lynk option

Hope to get out with the ATX a little (or a lot) in 2021.  

Since I am new at this and using grandfathers equipment I can say I have only used the 800 for about 40 hours total so far. Wait until the end of 2021 to see how much time I get on it as I know it will be a lot.

• Like 3

I used my 800 about 80% of the time and my QED PL3 the other 20%. Had this not been such a strange year with all the travel restrictions and health concerns, I would likely have used the QED a bit more. At any rate, I am convinced these two detectors will do everything I need in the field. I sold three of the 5 other detectors I owned and plan to keep only my EX ll in addition to the 800 and QED.

• Like 1