Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

The GPZ Is Fragile!

Hi Jin, guessing that's probably impossible to know til it happens right? Each time one is dropped, it is under different circumstances with different potential results. 

Hope all is well 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

After all this time of supposedly saying they are "listening to customers," it seems to be a statement that is not accurate or factual and that is too bad (for us, the customers).

Getting it mostly right has zero value then? If every thing on the internet that is said is not 100% addressed to the 100% satisfaction of everyone.... then they are not listening at all?

Who is getting it right then, and why are we not buying their detectors instead?

Anyway, since that has been deemed inaccurate, and not factual, I’ll not bother anyone with that assertion in the future. I’m sure I’m the one that’s been telling you all that product development is not happening in a vacuum, and that this forum is watched. Erase all that, I’ve just been making it up. :mellow:

• Like 3

Or they could just keep the detectors in the design phase forever constantly improving and ruggedising them until the end of time!!?

Edit: This is one of the reasons why I get a bit ‘pissed’ by all the aftermarket coil brand chatter, its always X sized nugget/nuggets were found with X sized/type coil and no mention of the actual detector it was attached to!!? 

If X type coil was so revolutionary then why doesn’t the coil manufacture make their own electronics to go with said wonder coil? After all the detector manufacturers are doing a really crap job of things!!!

• Like 7

The questions may seem minor in the face of the giant steps in detecting that the company has taken, true. Does that not mean those details have no relevance or meaning? If so, then I defer to you and your opinion.

9 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

The questions may seem minor in the face of the giant steps in detecting that the company has taken, true. Does that not mean those details have no relevance or meaning? If so, then I defer to you and your opinion.

I never said they have no relevance or meaning.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

I see your point of course, I think the only way we can really map out the true state of affairs (the actual of ‘now’ compared to our idea of the ‘ideal’ ) is look back in time and compare to today. The Equinox is a  good example of how far ML as a detector designer has come, go swing an Xterra or an Etrac and then go back to the NOX and you very quickly realise the improvements.

The GPX6000 will be a very fine example of this new trend, but yes there will be niggles and annoyances but overall ML are definitely changing as a company when it comes to ergonomics. Hopefully the effort ML put into their technology continues unabated as well. One thing is for sure there will always be niggles and annoyances, but overall I see a definite trend towards the very positive.

JP

• Like 3

Horses for courses, yes, you can go out and buy the most expensive car, or have the most expensive stuff in your house, but guaranteed you’ll still find something that’s ‘not quite right with it’

I have a GPZ, I’ve got a couple of niggles with it, but it’s not concerning. Mainly comfort (I find the control box handle is a bit to ‘straight’ on the main shaft and irritates my wrist), but I adjust to accomodate. I once managed to get my hands on a Garrett ADS Deepseeker (the same detector that found the ‘Hand of Faith’ nugget) and after hanging onto it for all of 5 minutes, believe me, we’ve come a long way in detection equipment. Many of the older guys, gals and testers will agree to that. 

I don’t know what people are doing to break the feet off the control box or smash batteries off the back of them... I treat mine like a baby and it sits in my car if I’m travelling anywhere with it and lives in a padded bag.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

I once managed to get my hands on a Garrett ADS Deepseeker (the same detector that found the ‘Hand of Faith’ nugget) and after hanging onto it for all of 5 minutes

Man up?, just kidding most of us went to a stick and hip mount as a harness & bungee were not thought of then. The 10" coil was the limit for a whole day (10 hours plus ) with out them. 

• Like 1

I think the GPZ screen could be more robust. It easily scratches. Also, the backlight is not sufficient. It's hard to see the display at times, especially with cover on. This would be two points I would find worthwhile improving.