Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Are Minelab Gpx-6000 Coils On Same Path As GPZ 7000 Coils?

5 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Me too I am curious as well.  What I am wondering though is if so many 6ks and coils went to Africa how come no reviews or comparisons done from them.  I mean they were sure quick to get out intro vids before the release date.

Also why no 6k vs Z in-depth comparison reviews?  Even folks who wanted to see this and now have a 6k to do this have gone silent.  I am looking at you you Rob ?

This guy has done one, while not perfect and it was his first video he did an OK comparison I think.  There are a few flaws in his methods I guess but it gives some basic information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGVbwBFips

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, phrunt said:

This guy has done one, while not perfect and it was his first video he did an OK comparison I think.  There are a few flaws in his methods I guess but it gives some basic information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGVbwBFips

Seems as though he did not try , adjust etc. with the 6000 , as much as he did with the 7000 ?

But was worth watching .

• Like 1

Fairly good demo, honest no bias. Two observations from my take. 1. DOD coils like DD have a blade like field wheras Mono have a cone, thus the 6K would have to have the centre of coil over target for max depth, at the angle of the shaft that appears to me would not be so until targets down 300plus.  2. Same comparison with say a 0.2gram may indicate what I believe the 6K edges out the Z even with a comparable size 10 X coil but that is a deaf old codgers findings my son believes the 10X/Z has the edge.

I am keeping my Z as I`ve stated in an earlier post until the 17" 6Kcoil has been run, but I suspect as JP/ML have indicated ZVT has it over PIs for larger deep pieces. The 6K sure is a lovely lightweight to swing, yesterday I got my biggest 6K piece was a 1.8gram (first over a gram of a few hundred) flat solid at about 6ins gave a lovely warble in difficult and a distinct single signal in normal, sens auto+ before the ground was disturbed, ground was 1ft high lightly grassed.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks for sending. Entertaining to watch. Couple of things I noticed: he did not do a GB when changing gold modes (recommended). Also, he says he is using default settings which also incudes low smoothing. With smoothing off and properly ground balanced he probably would have heard more, even in difficult. Also, when he changed to normal he did not do a noise cancel. Perhaps he could have stabilized normal better had he done both noise cancel and GB (as recommended in the owners manual when changing gold modes).

• Like 2

Nice video..the only thing I would have liked to see was the 7K in Normal... threshold barely audible and sensitivity high...Bogenes  settings... 

strick 

• Like 3

It's quite funny how the Kookaburra starts laughing when the 6000 doesn't pickup the 21 gram at 300mm at the 22 minute mark ? Well timed,  I miss Kookaburras, such cool birds.  In saying that the 6000 is using a smaller coil so it's expected it wouldn't compete for outright depth.

I would struggle with the noise on the 6000, I was quite happy to get away from the noise of my older GPX 4500, I really like the smoother threshold of the GPZ, especially with the Concentric coils on it.  

I think the guy did a decent video, sure you can pick it apart for faults but he gives a general idea.  I really like the idea of the super sensitivity of the GPX 6000 on small gold, It will be interesting to see what X-coils can come up with next for the 7000 ?

• Like 4

You can make the threshold smooth by just reducing sensitivity to 1 or 2. It is then rock stable (mostly) and still very sensitive to shallow gold. A very pleasant experience then, combined with the light weight. Agreed on the video. 

• Like 5

I didn’t watch the video, but a 20 grammer  at 300mm sounds like a Coke can, I have tried it.  My experience similar to Vic, have found over 100 sub gram bits at 10”.  I only ever use Auto+ and have never had any noise problems.

Tends to prove why utube videos comparing is a waste of time, don’t think I have ever watched one which wasn’t biased in some direction, not hearing a 20g bit at 300mm is definitely involving some sort of trickery.

• Like 8