Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, I discovered a photo of the First Texas Factory, and it appears the lights aren't even on, but certainly nobody is home, looks abandoned, not even a car in the car park.    ?

1188331098_firsttexasfactory.thumb.jpg.531fe90d0e845ec787b7db5c69a3ee35.jpg

The coils still not out, I asked the guy that did the test videos of it on Youtube in action and he thought it was already for sale, I said nope, nowhere to be found, he seemed rather surprised it never made it to market and just assumed it did.  Looks like he spent all that time doing his marketing videos for nothing.

The other thing I recall it was discussed they were making a lighter version of the 15" monstrosity of a coil, this was quite a while ago now and I've heard nothing more and retailers are still selling the solid concrete 15" coil so it never made it to market either.

Judging by the shadows, the photo was taken before or after working hours.

The photo is from Google Maps.  https://rb.gy/038sso   A few of the photos show cars in the parking lot.

They all say "Image capture Jan 2018", except for the 360 street view at the bottom which says April 2021 and shows well over 100 cars in the lot. 

On Sundays the place is usually deserted. When I used to visit I was often the only one there on weekends. When the factory is running on Saturdays they all park off the left side of the photo. My office is the first window to the right of the main entrance. Haven't seen it in 2 years.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

...Here is new information about the new 12 "DD coil from Fisher...?

• Like 2

I think below is the Finding Alabama YouTube hunt she refers to.  Since it's been up for more than a month maybe someone has already linked it?  Spoiler alert:  they don't mention the coil nor really show it in action.  This is one of those "show digging and recovery only" type of  videos.

• Like 1

That makes the new coil about 335 grams. What's taking so long. I want one. Still makes me wonder if a waterproof detector is coming that will use this coil with all the talk of using it in the water.

58 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

That makes the new coil about 335 grams.

Here are some weights that Simon and I measured a while back.  (Note:  all weights include the coil cover weight, except as noted.)

2002699412_Screenshotat2021-12-30120020.png.9ca49591f7e9efc1d17245869e3ad7cd.png

3 ounces (assuming she meant Avoirdupois ounces) is equivalent to 85 grams.  I don't know if she includes the coil cover weight (assuming a coil cover even exists).  The 7"x11" coil cover weighs 50 g.  Assuming the 3 oz difference she quoted as an apples to apples comparison that would mean that, without cover, I'll confirm what Rick N. MI said -- somewhere in the 330 g to 345 g range, depending upon which Fisher/Teknetics/BountyHunter model it's meant for and what is the uncertainty on the difference she quotes.

For the F75, I don't notice considerable imbalance with any of its coils listed above.  The extreme small coil (3.5"x6.5") does exhibit some imbalance but not uncomfortably so, IMO.  My bottom line conclusion is that this new lighter (than stock) coil will balance nicely when outfitted on the F75.  Performance?  TBD....

• Like 3