The Suspense From Minelab! New Manticore

On 25/08/2022 at 20:49, phrunt said:

Il a également multi-IQ +, je suppose que le + est les 99 ID cibles? 

reactivity +

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope they can fly, because they missed the boat, and burnt the bridges!! 👍👍

20 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It may be like a dog In it’s bark is bigger than it’s bite!

I’d find it hard to believe that Steve and Gerry is not testers of this detector in the US .

Chuck 

Looks like a nice detector that will fit neatly into the hole left in the Minelab product line, by the now departed $1549 E-TRAC. If it hits that price point, it will be an apples to apples competitor for the $1599 DEUS II. I took the D2 for a spin, but with 90% or more of my detecting hours being behind a PI, I decided to just be happy with Equinox, and to do my best to ignore any new VLF tech that comes along. Which is what I am doing with Manticore. I’m busy with other stuff.

I myself had a E-Trac but didn’t keep it because I didn’t like it from day one. The Equinox 800 to me is a great detector and loved it from day one. 
 I guess it’s like the Deus 1 in I had it and the dealer talked me into getting the 11” coil and didn’t like it either. The main thing is wasn’t what I wanted to start with and I sold it. Later I got the ORX with the 9” coil and I wouldn’t leave home without it.

Just maybe this new detector is half E-Trac and Equinox that could be a good thing.

The only trouble with that there goes it being a 6500.

Chuck 

Ok, so after some reflection and what Steve previously said about pricing they're obviously not going to discontinue the Nox, it's been their "legendary" detector shaking up the market completely and likely the best selling metal detector ever I would think.

The CTX has not been discontinued and no sign of that happening so think Equinox "1500" is likely to sit between the two models replacing the retired E-trac price.

They'll leave the Nox on the market to be there competing with the Legend and perhaps Deus 2 in many ways, this new Equinox 1500 is likely to compete with the Deus 2 also especially in regards to pricing.   I think they'll have bumped up the waterproofing also to give us a bit more confidence that it is actually waterproof. 

It never crossed my mind about the new coil ear system killing off the aftermarket shaft manufacturers, that was likely part of Minelabs thought process during the design stages though, they like trying to prevent aftermarket products. 🙂  It should eliminate the need for them to keep replacing coils with broken ears though, if anything they'll need a good supply of lower shafts, it is possible the new ears won't break unless in usual situations though so the new design may solve the issues.

My initial excitement is now waning so I may even sit down for a month or two once it's out to see if its a detector I want, if it can give me CTX 17x13" coil depth and target ID stability on silver coins in very mild soils and provide some benefits I'm not yet aware of then I'll be wanting it badly so long as they haven't removed the gold modes off it and provide a small 6" coil or similar.