GPZ Settings

The Minelab vs. Minelab thread and auto tracking got me wondering again.  Perhaps Norvic, Lunk and JP can chime in and shed a little light based on actual field experience with changing ground conditions.

About 3 weeks ago we had some rain here in sunny Yuma and the moisture really lit up the clay/silt layers.  The Z got really noisy especially in my usual settings of HY/Normal with a sensitivity of 15 +.   I tried a variety of changes and found that in order to cover a lot of ground I had to switch to HY/Difficult, Sens 12-.  I could run my usual settings but had to slow down to a dead crawl and she still growled and moaned blurring any possible faint signals.  Running in Difficult I  did get a couple very faint signals but it auto tracked them out.  I switched back to Normal and both signals were loud and clear.  One of them turned out to be a tiny piece of gold, the other was a hot spot of red clay. 

What I didn't check was how far I could back off the sensitivity in Normal and still hear the targets.  I'm wondering whether in this situation backing off the Sens beats switching to Difficult. 

Can`t really comment on running in normal as have found difficult the go for me mostly unless in Bogenes, but maybe lowering sensitivity and running in normal is the way. Have you tried Bogenes, ie sens 20, no audio smoothing, normal, general even rather than HY and threshold 8 or lower, even 0. Basically Steves Insane settings with bugger all threshold. In Bogenes you need to overlap sweeps considerably more than using a higher threshold, as the coil sweet spot seems much smaller. But wet ground is something my country rarely sees unless in monsoon season, when you just can`t get there (rivers flooded)