Any Negatives ?

Chesroy

11 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

But strick said 5 seconds?  What the heck... :laugh: (JK Chuck!)

Pretty much all of us are guilty of exaggeration here every once-in-a-while.  I certainly am, probably already today.  And although strick retracted the 5 second thing, he also said he's not sure he's ready to dive into those weeds just yet.  So for him a 5 second adjustment works, at least for now anyway.

I don't know if it's a blanket truth, but I know for me and many of you, we learn best "in the lab", so to speak, whether that's in a test garden, a site we've previously hunted, a site we've never detected, all of the above?  However, at the same time we learn from each other while simultaneously not putting too much stock in either (meaning our own experiences or the claims of others).  When the Manticore has been out as long as the Deus 2 -- i.e. a year from now -- most of us will be the wiser.  Thanks to strick and others here who are both open-minded but also courageous enough to share their experiences, that common quest has already begun.

17 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

But strick said 5 seconds?  What the heck... :laugh: (JK Chuck!) 

I'm gonna time it with a stop clock 😄 I swear I'm not exaggerating.... by much lol

strick 

19 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Pretty much all of us are guilty of exaggeration here every once-in-a-while.  I certainly am, probably already today.  And although strick retracted the 5 second thing, he also said he's not sure he's ready to dive into those weeds just yet.  So for him a 5 second adjustment works, at least for now anyway.

I don't know if it's a blanket truth, but I know for me and many of you, we learn best "in the lab", so to speak, whether that's in a test garden, a site we've previously hunted, a site we've never detected, all of the above?  However, at the same time we learn from each other while simultaneously not putting too much stock in either (meaning our own experiences or the claims of others).  When the Manticore has been out as long as the Deus 2 -- i.e. a year from now -- most of us will be the wiser.  Thanks to strick and others here who are both open-minded but also courageous enough to share their experiences, that common quest has already begun.

Also, my read of the manual allows for saving up to 4 ferrous limit profiles, I believe.  So that can help with setup for repeat site visits.