Is The Mi-6 Pinpointer VLF Or Pulse Induction?

CPT_GhostLight

Don’t know but next one will be the tek-point by Teknetics. Next one will be a pulse pinpointer, that’s for sure.

11 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

The Fisher F-Pulse Pin Pointer is Pulse Induction, and they work extremely well.

Same here. It doesn't like small foil, other than that it works fine. 1. Gen had problems when turned on next to big targets. They swapped my pointer to 2. Gen for free. I *think* the first one has been a little bit more sensitive, but maybe that's just a feeling.

The batteries last forever.. can't even remember, how often I need to charge them. Perhaps 1-3x per year (with every week use!). Battery type / size was one of the main reasons for me to choose this pointer. I hate those 9V blocks...

2 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Don’t know but next one will be the tek-point by Teknetics.

It's the same as the fisher, only the color is different.

Some old comments by Geotech about the F-Pulse, I suspect the XP Pinpointers are the same as the Pro-Find being loaded oscillator pinpointers.

carlpinpointers.jpg.568b233fad8fb7766ae17d7864a52220.jpg

I own both the MI-6 and the Fisher F-Pulse.

The manual for the F-Pulse states:

Technology: Pulse Induction, bipolar, fully static
Pulse rate: 2500pps, 4% offset adjust
Sample delay: 15us

The Manual for the MI-6 states:

Search frequency 12kHz

technology VLF

So this is what made me curious about posts saying the MI-6 was PI. Has the MI-6 been changed to PI technology, but the literature has not been updated yet? Or is there a MI-6-II coming out?

It's not necessarily a big deal to me as I love my MI-6 and use it exclusively with the D2. I use my F-Pulse with other detectors and as a back-up to the MI-6 with the D2.

It does seem to me that the F-Pulse is a bit deeper in my mineralized soil than the MI-6 though. My inquiring mind just want to know. 🙂

I'm sure it's people confused by it's Pulse audio option and that snowballed into it's a pulse pinpointer.

7 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Same here. It doesn't like small foil, other than that it works fine. 1. Gen had problems when turned on next to big targets. They swapped my pointer to 2. Gen for free. I *think* the first one has been a little bit more sensitive, but maybe that's just a feeling.

The batteries last forever.. can't even remember, how often I need to charge them. Perhaps 1-3x per year (with every week use!). Battery type / size was one of the main reasons for me to choose this pointer. I hate those 9V blocks...

It's the same as the fisher, only the color is different.

Yes, it’s the truth..

I stand corrected, I just like it 'cos it's wireless, and works in perfect harmony with all the other XP toys I have 😁 I also like my Quest XPointer Max now that @palzynskihas set me on the road to righteousness... 🤪 Matter of fact I have two of them.

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm sure it's people confused by it's Pulse audio option and that snowballed into it's a pulse pinpointer.

Gary Blackwell stated it was a PI during a Skype informational call during an XP instructional seminar prior to the Mi6 release when asked whether it would have target ID capabilities a la a SunRay probe (i.e., context: because it’s a PI  would not be capable of that).   I passed that info on to F350.  There is admittedly no clear, explicit documented information from XP to refute or support that verbal claim, so perhaps it was in error or I heard it wrong, but until proven not to be the case, I personally trust Gary’s statement (or what I heard) and perhaps Gary will pop in to set the record straight.  

Latch on to that what you will and make people fall on their swords or whatever but not sure it matters in the grand scheme of things.  All I know is that it is highly sensitive under a variety of extreme ground mineralization/salt conditions and keeps that sensitivity when properly initialized and balanced under those conditions.  So it appears to emulate the performance of a PI as far as I’m concerned.

SMH

parkgt — I like your comment you nailed it!

CPT_GhostLight — love the manual description you put up on F-Pulse ‘bipolar, fully static’. Sounds like some people I know maybe some of us on here too 😂