Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab Manticore Vs Equinox 800/900 For Gold Nuggets

17 hours ago, MSC said:

Too many rings to put in your teeth Gerry. Nice finds. 

Only 11 of those rings were gold and then 2 other pieces of gold, the 14K white gold diamond heart my wife added to her collection and the yellow gold necklace pendant with the small diamonds and a blue sapphire. 

I was happy with my water finds.

Now I want to know how this machine is so great for Gold Prospecting or not.  If it's really not designed for Nugget Hunting, no big deal as I have proven detector.  But many of my potential clients want to know before they purchase.  Right now, I don't know what to tell them.

20221206_182307.jpg

Mant8.jpg

• Like 3

With everything that I have read and heard so far I see no reason to replace my 800 for the next few years.

I can honestly say that it has served my grandfather and myself quite well and since I added the 10x5 coil I just can't see something that can beat it right now.

This does not mean that there is something better out there, but for an all around use detector I don't think it can be beat.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I hope Coiltek comes out with a 5" or 6" round for the Manticore, that'll be fantastic.

I also hope we don’t have to wait 3 more years for Coiltek coils for the Manticore like we had to wait for the Nox.  I don’t know if ML realizes it or not (which makes me question their overall consumer business model savvy if they don’t), but simply striking a licensing deal for the embedded coil interface electronics with Coiltek for accessory coils in manner that enables Coiltek to release accessory coils for M-core in a time frame similar to or even faster than ML’s spool up of their own M-core accessory coils could actually tilt fence sitters into purchasing an M-core without ML having to invest any additional capital.  Their track record of aloof behavior with respect to accessory coil options and availability from a customer demand perspective makes them appear to be blind to this fact.  And I’m not just talking small circular coils, but an elliptical slightly bigger than what is presently envisioned would be welcomed by non-prospecting users to fill the remaining gap between the stock and the planned ML 8x5.5.  A solid coil body or skid plate variant option would also be welcomed.

• Like 6