Victoria Large Nugget Find

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

Unusual for something like this to be be found east of Ballarat as most of that country is volcanic and covered by extensive basalt flows. There are several gold fields east of Ballarat, but they are not noted for big gold.

100% correct Reg, I was thinking Elaine or Gordon as the possible locales but now a certain well-known Ballarat identity has 'confirmed' that it was near Linton, so the original 'source' via the local Minelab dealer confused East and West lol.

11 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I wonder how many people are there now....

GC

Come Easter time, it will be an absolute madhouse out there.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And I thought my 12 gram bit with the Nox was good.. 😞

This nugget was purchased by our very own Darren at Lucky Strike in Geelong. Despite speculation, the gentleman who sold it did not disclose where it was found. 

a4783c9ca26934d58c9e476b17aff9ba.png

• Like 1

That is about the same size as my single largest gold specimen find, but I only got 16+ oz gold.  I suspect his detector was better (Is the right Gerry) . No it not, there is  more contaminates of GOLD in his, lucky bugger. If I add the extra weight of gold ( it showed a lot more when broken up) it looks about right for the volume. How could you sell mine for it true value without smashing it up and melting it.

Picture050.thumb.jpg.51eb9a850342514988d3e0732b6815ce.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, geof_junk said:

That is about the same size as my single largest gold specimen find, but I only got 16+ oz gold.  I suspect his detector was better (Is the right Gerry) . No it not, there is  more contaminates of GOLD in his, lucky bugger. If I add the extra weight of gold ( it showed a lot more when broken up) it looks about right for the volume. How could you sell mine for it true value without smashing it up and melting it.

Nice rock of gold my friend.  Have you had your dentist give it an X-ray?  16+ oz is a handsome payday.  Don't tell me you crushed it?

WarDe.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Nice rock of gold my friend.  Have you had your dentist give it an X-ray?  16+ oz is a handsome payday.  Don't tell me you crushed it?

Yes..............It was to big to bite........but they did after the melting.p1012011.thumb.JPG.94137ef428bd579c562bb1b18d690129.JPGp1012012.thumb.JPG.7ae28df60b2039db56ccace1eb3ec72c.JPG

• Oh my! 3

TTT  Looks like phrunt has lost his crown for the 'king of detector collectors'.

Sorry, but I can't help but ask; why on earth do you need so many detectors? Are you opening a detector museum?

• Haha 3