X-Terra Pro Seems Nice, My Coil Issue Likely Unique

Dug D

On 4/3/2023 at 10:02 PM, Dug D said:

Came home, charged it up, did some testing with supplied 12 inch, all seemed good. Went outside dug some coins still good. 

Decided to do some more testing in my basement only to find my 5 x10 Coiltek and my 6" Minelab Nox coils don't work. 

Connector is correct, and they will air test to just over 1 inch on max sensitivity. (I knew something was wrong as soon as I could max out the sensitivity in the basement.) 

But as they are, they don't function in any way that is useable, I am worried there is no fix, I guess I will be contacting Minelab service. Being able to interchange the coils was my biggest reason to buy it.  😥

The Coiltek elliptical and Nox coils will not work at high sensitivity settings at 5kHz. Detector goes bonkers. Lowered it to 16 is about as high as it will go. 10 and 15 kHz no problem. My favorite program to use is Beach 1 at 8kHz. Sweet. Will use this one on dirt tomorrow.

As far as I know my machine was the only one with a problem, the coils all seem to work for the rest of the machines. 

• The title was changed to X-terra Pro Seems Nice, My Coil issue likely unique
1 hour ago, Dug D said:

As far as I know my machine was the only one with a problem, the coils all seem to work for the rest of the machines. 

I've read of another case that had it too and required a coil replacement which is weird when yours is the detector not the coil.

• The title was changed to X-Terra Pro Seems Nice, My Coil Issue Likely Unique
  • 7 months later...

I appreciate this is an old post.  But here in the UK the main Minelab dealer has this appendage listed underneath the listing of all the Equinox coils for sale:

Note, this is the new version of the coil, improved for the new generation of Equinox Series (700/900), but is still compatible with older models.

Suitable for:

Minelab Equinox 900

Minelab Equinox 800

Minelab Equinox 700

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab X-Terra Pro

Just thought I’d mention it, so anyone considering purchasing an equinox coil to use on their X-Terra Pro could check with their dealer whether the coil they are buying is definitely the new 2023 version or not – this is apparently when the newer version was released.