Another Unlikely Spot Yields Gold Ring..

Erik had to wear something to scare the crocks away!

The fish might have looked on him as bait.

• Haha 3

Erik have you checked nice sandy boat landing points for picnics around the island. It might not be the best for coins but rings, watches and necklaces could be at these spots and they would not be hit by weekend detectorist. Hope you are still looking after MY BEACH.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erik Oostra said:

All Yanks: Thongs = Flip-flops.. 

That would be funny to see someone wearing a thong bikini, if it was just flip flops.

What would not be covered on the girl wearing them?

I hope you know that I am just kidding with you as I think everyone on here would never want to see a picture of you in a thong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've also learned that when detecting an area with considerable history, today's obvious hangouts weren't necessarily yesterday's.  I bet there are many more there that you (and other detectorists) haven't touched, but will eventually to success.

• Like 3

Way to play the hunches, Erik, well done and congrats on the gold! I was wondering if you had crocks down there.

Language can be fun, here crocks and thongs evoke a very comical picture in the head. 😏

• Haha 3

The spot that you were hunting I wonder if you tried the water near the finds.

I know that some people have always tried to stay away from others so they could swim privately.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 7:33 PM, geof_junk said:

Erik have you checked nice sandy boat landing points for picnics around the island. It might not be the best for coins but rings, watches and necklaces could be at these spots and they would not be hit by weekend detectorist.

I borrow a tinny every now and then to get to spots where weekend boaties go to shore for picnics.. Yesterday I was at Youngs Bay, got stuck in the mud at low tide but did find an old picnic spot where I scored a 1928 florin and a few pennies.. I'm the only detectorist left on the island, the other boys gave up because they weren't finding anything.. They blame me for getting up early everyday and hogging the place.. 😄  And yeah mate, I'm keeping a very close eye on your beach.. 

20 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

The spot that you were hunting I wonder if you tried the water near the finds.

I know that some people have always tried to stay away from others so they could swim privately.

I follow the creeks which flow into the 'lagoon' looking for those sort of spots.. During the wet season when creeks are flowing there's always people popping up in the most unlikely places.. There's some great secluded swimming holes on the island where I often find bits of jewellery and coins.. Detecting around creeks and swimming holes always make a nice change from saltwater/beach hunting..   

P1020451.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Nice job Erik, I highly doubt you would wear a yankee THONG. And if you do PLEASE do not post a photo of that!!! As for the flip flops I wouldn't be caught dead in those. I'm like an old cowboy, Die and detect with your boots on!!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dogodog said:

Nice job Erik, I highly doubt you would wear a yankee THONG. And if you do PLEASE do not post a photo of that!!! As for the flip flops I wouldn't be caught dead in those. I'm like an old cowboy, Die and detect with your boots on!!!!!

I'm a bit envious of where Eric lives, I'm sure most of the time he's in bare feet and thongs are his version of safety footwear.  I wonder why they are called flip flops ? 😉

• Like 1